HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 3:50 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

Well, first off, I'm not an old Metallica fan. It wasn't long ago that I discovered metal, so I don't remember the days when they were huge. Load and ReLoad were both out before I started listening to them.

But I absolutely, under no conditions, if someone had a gun to my head, would NOT take Load and Reload over RTL or MOP. I've heard a bunch of songs from the two albums, and only one seemed good to me. On the other hand, I love RTL and MOP. Excellent albums.

So my point is, I'm not an old fan who can't let go of the past, but I still think their older stuff is by FAR the best.

Since everyone is doing it in this thread, I'll close with: But that's just my opinion.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 1999 5:33 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

I can't even bring myself to pick up the S & M CD - don't tell me the M boys are doing Aretha covers. They must be destroyed.
Pit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 1999 10:41 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

The other night when the kid and wife were asleep, I put on the headphones and watched the Seattle tape in MetallicA's box set. I watch and listened on how they opened with Blackened and I just can't fathom how they morphed into what they are now.

I just heard today that the S&M CD is #2 on the Billboard Chart with 300,000 albums sold already. I can't believe people are buying this so they can drive around in their cars on a Saturday night, or at a party, or whatever. I'm damn near convinced that most of those album sales are just out of curiosity.

At this point, MetallicA can take a dump, put it in a box, and it will go multiplatinum.
semtex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 6:17 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

when i posted this topic i was only complaining about he song until it sleeps because i thought they butched it well and truely. but songs like bleeding have been done justise by a 100 peice orchastra behind them and my good freind s8an said it was interesting to hear them piss about with it don't judge me by this comment as it is only my opion that mettalica didnt lose it after the black album but they still have it
d_l_martyr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 6:26 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

METALLICA ROX!!!

Although it is hard to beleie that the same band that released an album entitled KILL 'EM ALL could have just released an album with The Royal Symphony Orchestra - but I think they pulled it off really well...

Contrary to what I've read here - I really like Hero Of The Day - and the version on S&M is GEORGOUS!!

The new songs KICK SERIOUS ARSE!!!!

Oh, and Semtex - where's my CD copy of S&M! I was promised it Tuesday, then Thursday... well now it is Thurday - do you have it??????
Brian123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 11:15 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

I can not fathom how someone who says they are a true Metallica fan can say that Load and Reload is better than Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. I personally feel that if it wasn't for their first three albums that they would not be where they are today. It is just that today they have fans from other areas of music like rap and R&B. I hate top say it, but i think they are out for themselves and money and could care less about their (at one time) true and LOYAL fans. So, to hell with them.
eth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 11:47 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

We are as one as we all are the same
fighting for one cause
Leather and metal are our uniforms
protecting what we are
Joining together to take on the world
with our heavy metal
Spreading the message to everyone here
Come let yourself go.
If you are a true Metallica you have to know were are these lines come from. I personally believe in those things and I will continue to believe. If someone out there still thinks that Metallica are 'Heavy ****in' Metal' and they believe in those lines, you will just have to ask them. And the answer is likely to be something like we were young and foolish then. THEY HAVE SURELY LOST IT SEEK AND DESTROY THEM
UP THE IRONS! keep the spirit alive!

[This message has been edited by eth (edited 12-02-1999).]

MetallicHead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 12:17 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

METAL MILITIA!!!!!!!!

Kill the symphony, Kill Metallica, kill'em aaaaall!!!!

Metal Up Your @SS!!!!

Up The Irons!!

WOW!!! I need a beer.

[This message has been edited by MetallicHead (edited 12-02-1999).]
eth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 12:22 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

That's the spirit.
Rock on
UP THE Hammers!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/1780/maiden/ringeddie .gif[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: