HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blizzardofcheese

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 9:15 am    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

This is a sad week in metal. I just picked up the new Priest..

I have loved Priest for years. They are one of my favorite metal bands by far.

The new CD is so bad..and so disappointing.

Maybe because I needed some real good metal to keep my mind off all thie terrorist shit.

This CD is so bad, I am not only returning the CD to get credit, I am cashing in on my unused Priest tickets. This is VERY rare for me to do. I wish I could E-Mail Priest and ask "why" "what were you thinking?"

Trust me..if you get this CD and you like Priest..you'll feel the same way.

Anybody relate?
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:46 am    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Nah, didn't get it. I'd heard so many people saying things similar to your comments that I figured I'd sit this one out.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Resurrection is even better than many Priest albums. I wish that Priest would get over their rift and invite Halford back. I saw the Priest VH1 special last night and it looks like Halford wished that he'd never left.
metalcrypt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 3:27 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

I'm really sorry for your wallet.

-----
[b]STEEL ATTACK CONTEST[/b] - Win a CD! Contest ends Oct.6.
Enter here: Michel's Metal Crypt: [url=http://www.metalcrypt.com]http://www.metalcrypt.com[/url]
The Official Hanker Web Site: [url=http://www.hankermetal.com]http://www.hankermetal.com[/url]
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 11:49 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Demolition is a huge disapointment.I put it on and try as I may,can't get into it.Somethings missing,it's too over thought and not up to snuff as far as the Priest catolgue goes.Ressurection is to me the new Priest cd.
Armitage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:56 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Instead of doing what they do best, they're trying to be "NEW"... sad.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:32 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

As tiresome as I'm finding Jim Raggi's reviews these days (oh look, he's being insulting again), I thought his review of the new album was spot on.

The biggest weakness here, the lyrics, has always been a Priest Achilles heel. Are there any Priest albums with good lyrics? I can't think of any.

Also, the complaint that it doesn't sound like old Priest, I can't get behind either. _Rocka Rolla_, _Sad Wings Of Destiny_, _Hell Bent For Leather_, _British Steel_, _Defenders Of The Faith_, _Turbo_, _Painkiller_ and _Jugulator_ all sounded wildly different from each other, if you ask me. _Demolition_ doesn't sound like any of them. Why would anyone be surprised?

Anyway - yeah, I like this disc. Then again, I REALLY liked _Jugulator_. It's far from a great disc (judging by how much better the ballads are than the rockers, maybe Priest would be served well by aging a little more gracefully), but it's a hell of a lot better than the most recent releases by a lot of bands who have been around as long (Aerosmith, Black Sabbath), and to my ears, it's still a lot more interesting than, say, _Brave New World_, which I find to be the most boring and overrated album of the last few years.

But that's just me. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Ogre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:56 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Why, Mr. Tyrannorabbit, how dare you say that the Emporer is wearing no clothes!!!!

I still can't figure out how BNW has garnered the accolades of fans, either--I feared that this album would drive home the final nail in the proverbial coffin for them with metal fans. When I first heard the single "The Wicker Man" I thought it was going to be the "radio-friendly-throw-away-to-initiate-mass-remembrance-from-non-metal -heads" and that the rest of the album would be hard rocking metal. Imagine my surprise upon hearing the actual album! Ah, well...
Stark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 4:20 pm    Post subject: JUDAS PRIEST DISAPPOINTMENT Reply with quote

Without comparing it to any of the old Priest-albums or the Halford ones (which all are far better) - it's just plain lousy song-material. I think the album has as much "charizma" as a roadkill. Didn't do anything for me. I'll see them live in a few weeks though... here's hoping!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: