HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erasing history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:16 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul G:
[B]I'm not sure who you are referring to exactly but the very nature of a board like this indicates that the people who post here love music. The simple fact that folks here may or may not agree with your opinion is irrelevant, you're so adamant in pushing your point of view (which I partially agree with) that late 80's bands were great yet you fail to recognize your own hypocrisy in slamming DEATH/BLack metal/90's music etc...
Yes the general masses can be lead by the mass media, the word poseur has been around for awhile, poseurs are not die-hard music fans, I do think most of the people on this board have listened to and heard LOTS of music. If Lars37 or anyone else dislikes late 80's hard rock he/she is entitled to that opinion so why doesn't he preach his likes to all of us and damn those that disagree?? IT's CALLED RESPECT. Out of that list if bands I put up I own the complete catalogs of roughly 3/4's of those bands, there was some amazing stuff put out by those bands.

I don't give a rats ass what anyone likes. But as soon as people start using the words poofters and no-talent synonymous with 80's hard rock then i'm gonna have something to say. The only thing i have to say about Death Metal is that i respect the musicianship but the vocals suck. Black Metal is boring and turgid. 90's mainstream just blows. Notice how i don't call Death Metallers fa.gs?? I expect the same respect out of you. Now quit with the hypocritical garbage.

I defend it and put you in your place.
--------------------------------------
Why?

Because some of you chumps deserve it.

"And the criteria for this would be?...please don't mention the number of CD's you own"

Why? Because it destroys your puny collection? Because i have studied metal/rock for over 15 years?
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:20 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by General Zod:
[B]Power-

Two things:

1 - NO ONE - but YOU, has ever, or will ever claim that Queensryche, at any time, was a hair band.

THATS UNBELIEVABLE!! - You guys are so backwards!! One minute you call Firehouse a 'hairmetal' band and the next you don't. Same for alot of other bands...

So tell me all-knowing one , what is YOUR criteria for a 'hairmetal' band??????

2 - You are correct, I never saw that Firehouse video. However, I did twice see them open for Tesla, and both times they were horrible."

Watch the video - then come talk to me...
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:33 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

my picks would be Nirvana and Green Day..
then we wouldnt be stuck with $hit like linkin park,korn,bush,slipknot,man I am pissed I cant think of anymore nu-metal bands help me out here....
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:47 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

I have a Question does big hair always mean no talent? if not then I want the big hair bashers to come up with examples they feel with their big hair they had undelining talent...MY first choice is DOKKEN
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

I think that hardrock bands in the late 80s often had pretty decent guitarists and they wrote some decent hooks too, but so many of them just aren't notable in my opinion and I have no problem with putting Bush and Trixter next to eachother in the junky-imitators section of music.

The term hairmetal like it or not refers to 80s hardrock bands. No I don't hate all these bands, but some don't have more than one or two songs I like, or they have a fair amount of ok songs, but no real great songs.

Some of the bands associated with hairmetal scene are very good- Skid Row and Steelheart being two bands that I dig, but bands like Trixter are the type of cds I'd pick up for a dollar at a used cd store and send it to a friend just to see him cringe.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:42 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Trixter's Hear album was a melodic hard rock masterpiece IN MY OPINION.
Butchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:49 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Hey Power,

How can you say we resort to name calling when I haven't seen a post where anyone calls you name yet you call other people "chumps" several times?

How is Firehouse a talented band if they put out a good video that they had time to rehearse and perfect yet their live show sucks?
Lars37

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:07 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Okay, before this thread gets closed, and before I "once again" start ignoring this tool's posts, let's examine the timeline of events on this topic:

PMAOR - posts that Nirvana "destroyed the meaning of rock and roll" ( innocent enough )

I dared to disagree, and used some terminology to display my feelings toward these bands - "Mall Metal" and "poofy-haired Spandex power-balladeers" are the terms I used, because the kids in the mall at the time loved these bands, and because - GET THIS - they had poofy hair, wore Spandex, and sang Power Ballads! I don't recall Testament, Overkill, or Megadeth singing Power Ballads, but apparently that's not the criteria. Anyway, on with our show...

PMAOR - decides to throw the first personal insult, calling me - and I STILL haven't stopped crying [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] - an "IDIOT" ( in CAPS, because that hurts even more! )

I decide to call him on the name-calling, thinking that maybe, just maybe, he'll see that he's reverting back to his ignorant ways ( which he obviously can't keep down for long ) and maybe try to make his point in a civilized manner ( which I now see is impossible for the tiny little mind )

Well, this is met with much angst by our villain, who replies with the following:
MORON ( ZAP!! )
F.UCKING DORK-O ( POW!! Grade school insult - dork-o!! NICE!! )
CHUMP ( ZING!!! Reaching back to the 50's for a CLASSIC insult! )
NUMBNUTZ ( KAPOWIE!! Misspelled for that "Nu-metal" feel! )
and the coup de grace...
F.UCKWAD ( PLUNK!! Dice Clay would be so proud! )

So if there was any doubt who started the personal attacks, let the record show that it was the same small-minded mope with the GIANT record collection full of sh!t who ALWAYS starts this stuff.

Say whatever you want in return, oh brainless one, because I don't care what you call me. The fact remains, you are hopelessly in love with quite possibly the worst form of recorded music ever, and I laugh at the amount of money you've wasted on that garbage.

And THAT, my friends, is all I have to say about THAT.
Wasted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 7:56 am    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

I don't know who did it, but the groups that stopped playing long solos at concerts and basically played the songs as it appeared on the CD. Back in the 70's and early 80's concerts to me were alot better, because you would hear 15-20 minute versions of songs, also adding some variety.

Maybe it was White Lion, Trixter and Firehouse that did this [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Just trying to cause trouble!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: