HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erasing history
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

Actually I want to change my vote. I don't want to get rid of a band anymore. I would prefer to erase the career of Brendan O'Brian. Even if you dig some of the albums he's produced, overall he has simply led tons of hard rock bands towards the wussy ballad direction. And he clearly has a team of expert wussy song writers that come with him such as Desmond Child and Valence or whatever the hell hsi name was. Get rid of this guy already.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:35 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Desslar:
[b]At any rate, weren't you bashing Firehouse a few posts back?[/b]

Yes... of course I was. I have seen them live twice (as Tesla's opening act), and they were terrible, and deserved to be bashed.

Regardless, I am not sure how me giving my opinion on a band's live performance, equates to you posting 3rd-Grade-like insults, such as calling people, "a Limp Bisquick worshipping poseur".

GZ
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:56 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

If the hat fits General....

I don't give a shit how a band sounds live - after all its not like i'm gonna go see them every night.
What matters is the album and Firehouse have released album after album after album of quality melodic hard rock.
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
[b]
Yes... of course I was. I have seen them live twice (as Tesla's opening act), and they were terrible, and deserved to be bashed.
Regardless, I am not sure how me giving my opinion on a band's live performance, equates to you posting 3rd-Grade-like insults, such as calling people, "a Limp Bisquick worshipping poseur".
GZ[/b]

3rd grade, huh? Now who's doing the name calling? But I digress. I don't care if you didn't like Firehouse in concert. I was objecting to your offensive categorization of the band, which no metal band deserves.
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:29 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

lllllLET'S GET READY TO RUMMMBLLLLLLLEEE!!!

No, the Ramones were at it before the Pistols - in fact, their first album came out almost a year before the Pistols'.

I always like the Pistols and the Clash a little better than the Ramones, tho I liked them all. But I think the Pistols had "better hooks"!

So now do you want to change your vote?
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

I couldn't just erase one band.

I've got to erase two.

Bon Jovi and Nirvana.

Even though I like a few Bon Jovi songs, their influence on Hard Rock really did go a long way towards watering down and ruining a great genre.

Nirvana just took the opportunity to replace bands like Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant (who got a LOT better in later years - check out Ultraphobic), etc, etc.

The guys running the music industry, being the ignorant music whores that they are, became HUGE bandwagon guys in the mid 80's. Bon Jovi was partly responsible for that. After Bon Jovi, a platinum album wansn't enough for these guys, so they stopped signing REAL Metal bands and went for the Pop Metal and Hard Rock bands who LOOKED good in the hopes of selling 5-10 million copies per release.

Of course, when Nirvana happened, that was the bandwagon they jumped on. And being the uncreative, unimaginative bunch that they were/are they completely got off of the tradidional Hard Rock and Metal bandwagon (I guess they can't do two types of Rock at once - too hard for their tiny minds to handle).

Thus, I would erase Bon Jovi and Nirvana.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:56 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

quote:
No, the Ramones were at it before the Pistols - in fact, their first album came out
almost a year before the Pistols'.

Almost a year! We're talking pretty simultanious across the ocean no less.

Either way I don't like either band although I did see the Ramones once and was rather amused.
Starbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:05 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

You guys are STILL at it!?!??!

LMAO!!!

Someone mentioned 'hair bands' pushing 'real metal' into the background...

The problem with that argument, is, that the grunge bands some people think we should thank for killing 'hair metal', pushed so-called 'real metal' out the focking back door...and slammed it shut for about 10 years...

Real metal was much more widespread, and financially viable in the much hated 80s. I was there, I saw it.

Also, to the point of someone seeing Firehouse, in concert, and stating that they were terrible. Although, I am not a big Firehouse fan (the guy's voice is sorta 'squeaky' for my tastes), I have to note that one cannot judge a band by only one person's opinion of only one show...

My good friend (who owns 1500 melodic metal CDs, BTW...) has seem Megadeth [b]7[/b] times, opening for other bands. He says they are the worst band he's ever seen!!!
(and he digs the first four Metallicas, Metal Church, Death Angel, etc. so its not as if he hates the genre, either)

My point is, that lot of this is purely subjective, and you can't expect to claim you are right, or, that someone else is wrong, in these matters. It takes every bit as much creativity (as opposed to talent) to write a bad song, as a good one...

Instrumental virtuosity is [i]much[/i] easier to quantify...

I think too many people confuse creativity, with talent.

Further, just because you think something sounds like a 'ripoff' or a 'copycat', consider someone, who has heard alot more music, than you have. That person, may think your favorite band, that you think is 'so original', sounds just like some previous band, you may not have heard...

My friend's brother thinks Y&T rips off Grand Funk, Bad Co., etc.

As I said, totally subjective...

-Marty
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 9:20 pm    Post subject: Erasing history Reply with quote

quote[quote] we should erase Boner from U2, Winger, Bon Blow Me, and the midget lead singer pedophile from Accept [/quote]

NO NOT UDO!!! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: