HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:23 pm    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

Glad I only paid $7.99 for this piece of crap! I luv Alice's classic stuff,& I thought Brutal Planet was surprisingly good and a great concept album.Dragontown is also a concept cd but the flavor is differant on this one.Not as heavy & dark as Planet,the tunes are forced and not very catchy.Big dissapointment! I don't think this record will do any better than the previous one.Don't bother with this one,it's not worth your money.Buy the new KREATOR disc instead.
Eh P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:33 pm    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I couldn't disagree more.

I really don't see any reason that fans of The Last Temptation and/or Brutal Planet wouldn't like Dragontown as well. Personally, I think it balances the diversity of TLT with the bludgeon of BP quite nicely, and serves well as a continuation of recent themes. Whether the bombastic crunch of Sex Death & Money, the classic sardonic wit of Disgraceland or the vaguely "late 70's" vibe of It's Much Too Late, it's all typically great Cooper.

My one complaint is the ballad- Every Woman Has A Name. Alice writes a decent ballad, but this ain't one of 'em. Yuk.

That aside though, it's another good Cooper record. Alice continues to let his music do the talkin' with consistantly high quality efforts, while the majority of his 70's contemporaries are floundering in (non)creative quagmire.
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 12:58 am    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I am proud of him. Off the buzz from Brutal Planet(an Incredible album) this cd opened at #38 or 39 on Billboard. Very cool

That said, this album disappoints. Not as heavy as Brutal Planet, but also not as smart. This is a rehashing of old material. Even Bed of Nails fron Trash gets redone on here. I am seeing Alice tonight, but hope he does not do too much from this cd.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:08 am    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I don't plan on buying either Kreator or Alice Cooper [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 1:10 am    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

Actually I thought it opened ahead of Poisons last album at #138. I might be wrong though.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:43 pm    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I thought the album was somewhat disappointing too. I saw him two weeks ago, though, and it was a great show.
M.I.T.C.H.!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:27 pm    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I really like it, though I think it's too early to decide if I like it better than BP. I need more time with it. It's funny...with BP I thought at first it was just ok, but 6 months down the line I was listening to it more than when it first came out. With Dragontown I was hooked on the first listen.
Coda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 8:38 am    Post subject: STOP! Don't buy that new Alice Cooper Reply with quote

I love Dragontown. Can't get enough of it. Right now I Like it better then Brutal Planet but time will tell if I keep thinin that [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: