HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hardboard Names
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:37 pm    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

I have always been curious as to the reason why some of you have chosen your names. Is there a story or particular reason you picked your Hardboard names?

I'll start:
If I had actually gotten the name I'd wanted when I registered, it would be JGuns. But, for some reason when I first tried to register, I kept getting error messages for all of the other spellings until it finally accepted JGunnz1.
The J is for my first name- Jim. The guns is actually for my biceps. I bodybuild as a hobby and my biceps are one of my best attributes as far as my physique goes.

Anyone else?
Subtraction

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:13 pm    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

My first choice was Volutes (because my aol instant messenger name is v0lutes) but I never got a password for it so then I decided on Subtraction because I had an art project besides me that was focusing on that kind of work. Anyways, I always pick weird names that make me look like a guy or something. I could resort to putting girl or someting at the end of my nicknames but that is dumb. And I could put my first name Selina somewhere, but I don't know...hehe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 12:14 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

Cool post.

I always thought the line, "Kneel before Zod" from Superman II was just killer. I'm not sure what about it made it stick in my brain; it just caught my attention. Consequently, when it came time to pick names for Fantasy Football teams (years ago), General Zod seemed like a good choice. From there, it just sort of morphed into an online nick.

GZ
live4metal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 12:51 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

I chose my board name to make a statement about my passion 4 heavy metal music.Simple as that.
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 12:51 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

I personally love that line (kneel before Zod) when Jay says it in Mallrats!! Great moment.

My name is simple. slavettgrind = Slave To The Grind the Skid Row album.

When I first got online, I used this name for almost everything. Now I use it less and less and Mullmuzzler more and more, but I keep this one on this board. WHy bother changing?
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 1:04 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

I dont know why I picked nuclear X but it sounded cool and original to me...and it has a heavyness to it.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:15 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

Im Fatalcharm cos around the ladie.... nah it just a Billy Idol song. But the name implies kinda of a bad karma type thing.
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:20 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

Totally sports related - my nickname and my uniform number.
Sorry there's nothing interesting behind it!!
Butchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 9:06 am    Post subject: Hardboard Names Reply with quote

Butch is what most of my friends called me, and when I went to broadcasting school the director called me that, so it became my radio name and now one of my online names. My other is inclined1 which is named after a song I wrote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: