HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

songs u never ever want to hear again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
[b]Yeah, maybe, but _Turbo_ remains, after all this time, pretty much undeniably in their bottom three or so albums. (I'd put it second-last behind _Point Of Entry_)[/b]

Tyrannorabbit, one of the few opinions I really respect on this, or any other board, I must say I am shocked to see you put Turbo ahead of Point of Entry.
While Point of Entry was not their best effort it contained great metal songs like Hot Rockin`, Desert Plains, Heading Out to the Highway, etc. while Turbo contained NOTHING worthy of a second listen.
I know you stated your basic dislike for Turbo but what does it offer that puts above ANYTHING else that Priest has released?
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Samsalt1:
>Turbo but what does it offer that puts >above ANYTHING else that Priest has >released?

1. One of Rob Halford's best overall vocal performances on a Priest album. The variation of the material gives Rob plenty of opportunities to showcase his talent.

2. Progress. The constant evolution is what makes Priest more interesting than most bands out there. Almost every album introduces something new. Even RiD, which to me is Priest desperately imitating old Priest, has Blood Red Skies on it...

3. The songs. Not all but Reckless, Out in the Cold, Locked In and TL are IMO top quality and true Priest.

4. The production. Always a weak point with Priest, here it is better than usual. One exception: the rhythm guitars are sorely missed on faster songs like Locked In and Reckless.
Jackie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

I would have to say

Nirvana Smells like Teen Spirit
Limp Biscuit Rollin
Kid Rock Cowboy
[img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by europefan:
[b]I would have to say

Nirvana Smells like Teen Spirit
Limp Biscuit Rollin
Kid Rock Cowboy
[/b]

Interesting... I'm not really a fan of any of these bands (well, Kid Rock's not too bad), but those happen to be the three songs I like most from the respective artists.

I'd have to nominate Staind's "It's been awhile since I had a full head of hair..." number.
JoeSedivy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Desslar's right.... Staind must be stopped. But if the radio stations in Chicago don't stop playing Dreamer I'm going to snap, I hear it every hour on the hour [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]. Its like the only Ozzy song they play in Illinois, and its his worst ballad ever!!! And I'm a huge frickin' Ozzy fan, and I can't take it!!!

-J [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]e \m/ [url=http://www.ragecomics.com]www.ragecomics.com[/url]
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:28 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

You should be lucky our rock/mallmetal station KUFO 101.1 has yet to play new Ozzy
but they play the HELL out of CREED ack!
JoeSedivy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Creed is running Rampant out here, we really don't have a metal station in Chicago, some far North, and Southwest Burb stations, that don't come in well at my work.
-Joe [url=http://www.ragecomics.com]www.ragecomics.com[/url]
freeride

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Give me Stained Class or Sad Wings Of Destiny, now [i]that's[/i]Judas Priest!
The Space Lord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: songs u never ever want to hear again Reply with quote

Songs I could do without:

Staind "Fade": Capitalizing on "It's Been Awhile" for lack of any talent that goes beyond a one-hit-wonder group.

Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me": Their worst song ever.

BTO "Takin' Care of Business": Very redundant and pedestrian-sounding.

Sum-41 "Fat Lip/Pain For Pleasure": 3rd-rate pop-punk wannabes attempt "I'm The Man" before stumbling over old Pantera and Exhorder riffs at the end.

Several more but I can't be bothered having to remember them.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: