HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Unoriginal Band
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Stripe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 8:07 am    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

Nespinthe,

You are wasting your time with POWERMETAL-NONAMECOVERBAND-AOR. Discussing music with him is like trying to teach a pig to sing; it frustrates you and annoys the pig.

As far as rebuttals, don't expect anything from him any more insightful than "HAHAAHAHAAHAHAAA" or "BWAAHAAHAAHAA".

I am currently bracing myself for his onslaught of rapier-like wit that I'm sure will follow.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
[b]What about Pain of Salvation's sound makes them even the slighest bit Power Metal? On their last two CDs, they don't hit a single note, or turn a single phrase, that links them to the Power Metal genre for even a second.

GZ[/b]

Dude- if you can't hear any power metal in them then that's a shame. Dream THeater and Artension have the same tag. Progressive Power Metal.
POWERMETAL&AOR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red Stripe:
[b]Nespinthe,

You are wasting your time with POWERMETAL-NONAMECOVERBAND-AOR. Discussing music with him is like trying to teach a pig to sing; it frustrates you and annoys the pig.

As far as rebuttals, don't expect anything from him any more insightful than "HAHAAHAHAAHAHAAA" or "BWAAHAAHAAHAA".

I am currently bracing myself for his onslaught of rapier-like wit that I'm sure will follow.[/b]

Don't ridiculous i won't rip you a new a-hole. we're discusing music yeah I have strong opinions but I'm not gonna be goaded into a petty flame war and grind another topic to a halt by talking about me.
Thats pretty simple.
General Zod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
[b]Dude- if you can't hear any power metal in them then that's a shame. Dream THeater and Artension have the same tag. Progressive Power Metal.[/b]

I am not debating that there is such a thing as Prog/Power Metal, I just don't think that PoS is it. Not that how they are classified is important, I just can't fathom anyone classifying PoS as anything but pure Prog.

GZ
Satanic Yeti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

Dream Theater = progressive power metal?

What the hell are you smoking country/western keyboard player boy?

There's nothing power or metal about DT.
Minister of Propaganda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

The original question:

quote[quote]"What bands do you feel are the least original?" - nitro4040[/quote]

I feel the least original bands all belong to one "subgenre" that developed for the sole purpose of imitation, the pathetic oxymoron known as "Christian Metal".

These second rate imitators, ie: Stryper, Tourniquet, Whitecross, etc., each have a real metal band that they try "like hell" to imitate, always falling short and never once living up to their claims of "evangelism". Which is just a cover story to hide the fact that due to their collective lack of talent, they couldn't last a day on the non-christian metal market. More or less, it's counterfeit metal, second rate fakes. A whole industry of imitators, whose lack of creativity makes it impossible for them to ever make it on the real, or "non-christian" Metal market, so they developed their little niche, selling imitation metal to the unlearned christian youth who would know a counterfiet from the original.

It's like those companies that make cheap perfumes that claim to smell just like the expensive designer fragrances. Sure they sell, it's their niche, cheap imitation. Those same companies aren't in business to create a new fragrance, they'd go broke.

[url=http://metal.20m.com/zcentralcommand.html]Got Chrome?[/url]
Nespinthe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

One word: Believer.
Subtraction

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

Oh please man, if it's got double bass in it you can defenitely hear power metal in it. Or the other way around. A good number of Power Metal bands rely on the heaviness that double bass adds which at some points Dream Theater and Pain of Salvation use. I mean even the fast pace of some of the songs, the conitnious feeling that they arrouse are similar in progressive and power metal. I happen to like Progressive Metal more than Power Metal but if you really can't see similarities..well, it seems a bit strange to me. Now what I think some of you are doing are comparing Pain of Salvation to the typical pattern of some (and I say some) power metal bands have, and that I think is wrong.

By the way my new site is up! [url=http://www.selinasilvas.com]http://www.selinasilvas.com[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Desslar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Most Unoriginal Band Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Minister of Propaganda:
[b]The original question:

I feel the least original bands all belong to one "subgenre" that developed for the sole purpose of imitation, the pathetic oxymoron known as "Christian Metal".
These second rate imitators, ie: Stryper, Tourniquet, Whitecross, etc., each have a real metal band that they try "like hell" to imitate, always falling short and never once living up to their claims of "evangelism". Which is just a cover story to hide the fact that due to their collective lack of talent, they couldn't last a day on the non-christian metal market. More or less, it's counterfeit metal, second rate fakes. A whole industry of imitators, whose lack of creativity makes it impossible for them to ever make it on the real, or "non-christian" Metal market, so they developed their little niche, selling imitation metal to the unlearned christian youth who would know a counterfiet from the original.
[url=http://metal.20m.com/zcentralcommand.html]Got Chrome?[/url][/b]

Come on now, that is ridiculous. There's no way you can contend Stryper was unoriginal. The first metal band to take Christian lyrics onto MTV? The first to throw bibles at the audience? The first to wear an entire wardrobe of goofy and yet somehow oddly compelling striped uniforms (OK, maybe you could say Kiss did this first)? I'm no big fan of Christian metal, but give credit where credit is due.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: