HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by POWERMETAL&AOR:
It's no secret that i am no fan of Black/Death/Extreme Metal so i'll leave your reviews of those alone.
They are certainly not my bag.

I just don't understand how you can call Luca Turilli gay when you rated Emperor like a 9.5

While I don't really see the connection here, I'll explain - when I say something sounds gay, or when I say it sounds cheesy, I don't mean it as an insult. I mean it as a stylistic description. How can I mean "gay" as an insult if I liked _A Kind Of Magic_? As has been discussed here before - "gay" might mean homosexual, but that isn't a very useful description for music. But it also means happy & prancy & carefree, something which describes that LT disc to its gay, gay core. Rhapsody, I'd say, is totally gay as well - they just happen to be awesome at it.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:31 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
You start off your post saying you arent going to comment on his extreme metal reviews, than the very next sentence you rip him for giving Emperor a 9.5, than you go on yet another rant about how much you hate the vocals of extreme music. Shut up already. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound? you are a complete waste of time.

I'm kinda surprised he remembers what I gave the Emperor - if you'd asked me, I would've guessed a 9, but he's right, I did give it a 9.5.
sly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

Thanks for the well thought out reviews, you did a better job than the "professionals."
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

Tyrannorabbit, your hands have goota be tired after that!

I'd rate Kamelot a bit higher, but, all in all your right. And trust me, keep listening to SyX-DWOT. I had the same first opinion. But, I kept listening (without anyone's advice,) and I give that an all-time 9.5. Solid all the way, just a shame it didn't get the recognition it would have had...if the world was as intelligent as us Hardboardians!
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:...which describes that LT disc to its gay, gay core.[/QB]
"Gay, gay core"? That's classic.

GZ
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

Tyro, Give [b]Death's[/b] [i]Sound of Perseverance[/i] another listen. I'm not the biggest cookie monster death vocal fan but that one kind of grows on me a bit. Plus the sick version of [b]Priest's[/b] [i]Painkiller[/i] is awesome.

Also I'm not to sure about [b]Lullacry[/b] myself as I kept getting [b]Vixen[/b] flashbacks as I listened through some of the songs. Maybe I have to give a few more listens.

If you want to hear a decent band with great female vocals check out [url=http://www.halfcocked.com/index_fs.html]Halfcocked[/url].

They kind of have an 80's arena metal/ slash clean punk sound (if that makes anysense). It doesn't hurt that the lead singer Sarah Reitkopp is very pleasing to the eyes. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:01 am    Post subject: HOLY CRAP I wrote a lot here Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:...which describes that LT disc to its gay, gay core.

"Gay, gay core"? That's classic.

GZ[/QB]

I could think of many 80's pop bands that would have fitted nicely into that category if it were around back then.
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: