HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falconer - new disc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

Just received a promo of the new Falconer-album, "Chapters From A Vale Forlorn". If you like the first album, you'll probably like this one, too. They have however increased the medieval touches a bit, but still with heavy guitars and the power metal touch. Some nice quirky riffs at times. I've only browsed though it, but the first impression was really good. Also received the new Storyteller "Crossroad" (kinda run of the mill German style power metal), Hypocrisy (too brutal for my taste, great sound, though), Candlemass re-issues (killer-package with the bonus-CDs and nice informative booklets etc), Yngwie - "Birth Of The Sun" (I've had the demos since '82, but Marcel has re-mastered and remixed the old demos. At leat it sounds as good as "War To End All Wars"...).
Others:
Timo Tolkki - "Hymn Of Life"
Warmen - "Beyond Abilities"
Racer X - "Live At The Whiskey - Snowball Of Doom"
Pegazus - "The Headless Horseman"
Chinchilla - "The Last Millennium"
Beto Vasquez Infinity - s/t

(If you post questions/comments related to this I won't be able to comment until Sunday)
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

" They have however increased the medieval touches a bit"? Short of getting King Arthur himself to sing on this CD, how is that possible?

GZ
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stark:
Also received the new Storyteller "Crossroad" (kinda run of the mill German style power metal)

'twas my opinion of their S/T.

quote:
Originally posted by Stark:
Yngwie - "Birth Of The Sun" (I've had the demos since '82, but Marcel has re-mastered and remixed the old demos. At leat it sounds as good as "War To End All Wars"...).

(giggling uncontrollably)
syl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

how is the vocals/lyrics compared to the first one?
Stark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by syl:
how is the vocals/lyrics compared to the first one?

The vocals are of the same style. He still has his own style, which I quite like. He's a trained singer, not a trad metal-singer, which I think is really cool, but I know disturbs many. Havne't checked the lyrics (I have a promo-copy w/out lyrics)
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Falconer - new disc Reply with quote

New Falconer disk!?! I still haven't got the first one yet. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: