HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jorn_Worldchanger?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FALCON

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

Anybody have something to say/review on this ONE? tx in advance...
Stark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

Killer album! Heavy and ballsy melodic hard rock with Jorn singing his ass off! OK, it starts off killer and fades off a bit towards the end, but it's still a great album. At times the guitars remind me of Zakk Wylde in Ozzyland.
Paul G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

Popoff has a review on this site. It's in my Top 10 of 2001 without question. A great combination of traditional metal a la Whitesnake/Rainbow/Dio mixed with heavier elements from this generation. I don't have the disc here in front of me but it's varied from all out metal which can put Iced Earth to shame to melodic hard rock like "christeen". Although I really liked Ark's Burn the Sun I think Worldchanger really highlights Jorn's talents, he is a GREAT singer the likes of which I haven't heard in a while. The group backing him up aren't slouches either. As for Malmsteen knocking Jorn well....he'd be the best singer ever to grace Malmsteen's revolving stable of frontmen oh sorry Y is the frontman.

I'd give it a really solid 9.5 knocking half a point cause I wish there was more...
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

FALCON-

This disc proves that 20% of Ark is better than 99% of what the rest of the metal community has to offer. There isn't a weak song on the disc. Jorn sounds great. It's not altogether completely different from Ark. The primary difference is that the CD isn't as progressive, and the musicans backing Jorn aren't the same caliber as the guys in Ark. I would highly recommend this disc to anyone. If you want me to drop some MP3s your way, drop me an e-mail.

GZ
FALCON

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear, for sure on the PURCHASE list, I agree Jorn is the best thing Malmsteen could have dreamed of, though his singers have been of fine caliber, to actually have someone with the vibe and presentational skills of this voxslinger, Ygngwie's music much suffers from. specially from a song approach to writing songs with overall musical conviction.

I look forward to this one, and all the other things Jorn takes on, which will hopefully be the highflying ARK...
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

I saw the last concert that Jorn played with Yngwie, and while he does have a good voice, he absolutely did not work in Yngwie's band. His representations/interpretations of the songs was way different than the recorded versions, to the extent that it actually spoiled them. So I think their breaking up was a good thing for both sides in the end, Yngwie went out and got himself a new, fresh and committed band, and Jorn took Yngwie's band, who were all committed to ARK, and no doubt ARK will go on to better things for themselves. It was a huge clash of incompatible egos (both of which appear to be large....I know people think Yngwie has a big ego, but "Jorn Lande - Worldchanger? Please!!).

All the best to both camps, they both make quality music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lars37

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by FALCON:
[b]voxslinger[/b]

C'mon, Falcon..."voxslinger"????

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How about larynguist, or voicer, or throatist???

On the same point, Neil Peart is one heck of a drumslinger!!!
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just messin' witcha, brudda...
FALCON

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
[b]C'mon, Falcon..."voxslinger"????
[/b]
I was originally thinkin of Baroquicion (Ba Roke e shun), but the more western slant of the previous just sorta jumped out, I shall database those others nice originals...

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Jorn_Worldchanger? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulEMoz:
[b]IYngwie went out and got himself a new, fresh and committed band...[/b]

Doesn't Yngwie get "a new, fresh and committed band" every couple of months?

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: