HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

I'm going next week here in Boston and was wondering how the show is. I've heard that the set list is long and primarily older stuff. I can definitely deal with some old priest right about now. I know [i]Demolition[/i] is not doing well in sales but I was curious how the ticket sales are doing especially with [b]Anthrax[/b] opening.

Are there anyothers that live near the Boston area going?
YJMfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

I saw Priest and Anthrax Monday night in Atlanta. Kick ass show!! The Priest set list is mostly the classic Priest stuff. I think they are only doing two songs off the new album.
As far as attendance goes, I'm not sure cause we were up front but by the time Priest went on the place looked close to being full to me. Maybe 1,000 to 1,500 people.
I was totally suprised by Anthrax. They kick ass live! John Bush is great. They do only one song from their new album which is comming out this spring or summer. The rest of the stuff was older. They played "Time", "Anti-Social" and "Bring The Noise" which are my favorites.
It was a great show. ONe of the best that I've been too in while. Have fun in Boston and let me know how it goes for you.
nihilist bastard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

It f'n sucks that a group like Priest is having to play 1000 to 2000 seat venues and nu metal groups are playing arenas [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:40 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

I saw them here in Sweden and they were great! Ripper really rips! Man, what a voice that guy has, amazing!! They did some of the classic Priest-tunes like "Beyond The Realms Of Death", "Victim Of Changes", "Breakign The Law", too. Highly recommended!
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by nihilist bastard:
It f'n sucks that a group like Priest is having to play 1000 to 2000 seat venues and nu metal groups are playing arenas [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

How many nu-metal bands can you name that are selling out arenas?? Bet you cant name 3.

Maybe if Priest could still write decent songs they could attract a few more fans...
nihilist bastard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
How many nu-metal bands can you name that are selling out arenas?? Bet you cant name 3.

Maybe if Priest could still write decent songs they could attract a few more fans...

Dude, Learn to read. I wrote play in arenas not sell them out. There is a big difference [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nihilist bastard:

It's sad to say but tours featuring [b]Korn[/b] and [b]Limp Bisquick[/b] ARE packing them in in 12,000 -15,000 seat arenas. Not nec. selling out but 3/4 full many times.
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
[QB][QUOTE]How many nu-metal bands can you name that are selling out arenas?? Bet you cant name 3.[QB]

OK, here goes:
Slipknot
A Perfect Circle
Godsmack
Tool
Stone Temple Pilots
Disturbed
Creed

They may not always be selling out, but they're definitely enjoying success on the arena circuit.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

Priest doesn't sell out arenas anymore, because they aren't really a spotlight mainstream band anymore, even if they try to be. Few bands can still play in arenas after 20 years or even after 5 to 10 years. Bands that can still play arenas manage to do so by crossing genres and continuously attracting enough attention from the mainstream and their hardcore fanbase that they will always have lots of fans. All Priest has are metal fans, and now that they aren't as hot of a metal band as they used to be they don't get as many metal fans as they used to.

By the way, Stone Temple Pilots and Creed aren't nu-metal, and I'm not sure they play stadiums either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: