HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
By the way, Stone Temple Pilots and Creed aren't nu-metal, and I'm not sure they play stadiums either.

They're definitely new next to most of the bands that get discussed here. As to where they've played recently:

Creed w/Tantric 1/24/02 New Orleans Arena New Orleans, LA 13,939 100%
Creed w/Tantric 1/27/02 Gund Arena Cleveland, OH 16,792 96%
Creed w/Tantric 1/28/02 First Union Center Philadelphia, PA 15,864 99%

STP, Staind, Linkin Park, Static-X 10/27/01 Worcester's Centrum Centre Worcester, MA 11,359 100%

Those look like pretty decent turnouts to me. How is it possible that Judas Priest/Anthrax can't match them? Surely it would have been a big tour in '91.
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
quote:
Originally posted by nihilist bastard:
It f'n sucks that a group like Priest is having to play 1000 to 2000 seat venues and nu metal groups are playing arenas [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

How many nu-metal bands can you name that are selling out arenas?? Bet you cant name 3.

Maybe if Priest could still write decent songs they could attract a few more fans...

It's sad to say but tours featuring [b]Korn[/b] and [b]Limp Bisquick[/b] ARE packing them in in 12,000 -15,000 seat arenas. Not nec. selling out but 3/4 full many times.
Ok you named 2 that can half fill an arena. The other 2000 nu-metal bands either don't tour or they are going to 1000 seat theaters just like Priest.

Priest doesnt pack people in anymore because they suck. I hate to say it, I was a huge fan back in the day, but today, forget it, their new music is horrible.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by YJMfan:
I saw Priest and Anthrax Monday night in Atlanta. Kick ass show!!

Hey - I was at that same show. I thought Antrax was awesome. This was my first time to see them live and it totally rocked.

I didn't see much of Judas Priest. I ran into a friend in the lobby and gabbed with her through the majority of their set. I'll give it to Ripper though. He's got the Halford scream down.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

Saw then a few weeks ago in SF. The show was ok. Ripper doesn't do it for me even tho he sounds fine. Scott Travis looked bored, but still played well. KK and Tipton were in good form. Set list is cool, though why the hell do they play Turbo. Nearly ruined it. New songs kinda suck, but there were enough killer ones to make it well worth it. Being only a few feet away was awesome. Love theater and club shows. Anyway, I think I enjoyed seeing Halford when he opend for QR and IM more then this Priest show.

ONly caught a couple songs of Anthrax. Not a big Bush era Anthrax fan, but they sounded cool. Last time I saw them was back 1986 or 87.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

Which band opened, Judas Priest or Anthrax? It would be pretty sad for Priest if they opened.
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Judas Priest Tour . . . How's it been so far? Reply with quote

I saw them yesterday in Cleveland (because they didn't come to Pittsburgh) and they kicked ass. The place was crowded, but since I've never been there before I don't know how it compares to other shows. Counting the 2 encores they played 20 songs, mostly classics. I thought Ripper put on a great performance.

Anthrax was the opening band and also put on a solid show. Recommended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: