HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

I have been interested in the idea of XM radio for my home and car so I thought that I would go to the website and see what their stations were like. OF COURSE the only "metal" station they had played exclusively Nu Metal crap. Because I think it is a great concept, I sent them a letter. Here is an excerpt of what I sent:

"I was interested in the idea of XM radio because I thought that I would be able to hear the kind of music I like- Heavy Metal. However, your "metal" station plays the same kind of Nu- Metal garbage that I can hear on several local stations. As soon as you can get a real metal station that plays old bands like Judas Priest, Ozzy, Iron Maiden etc. and new bands like Nevermore, Sentenced, and Iced Earth and Dark Tranquillity, I will not subscribe. You have a great concept, just not enough quality music content."

It seems to me that XM 's niche would be in playing music that you can't hear on the radio. I would be willing to bet that there are millions of people that would love to hear a real metal XM Station..HARDRADIO maybe you should give them a call.

BTW ** means "ex em"
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

Here was their reply:

Try Boneyard for the older stuff and the artists you mention. If
You're listening on the web, that's not the best representation, as both
XMLM and Boneyard are infinately ahead of and deeper than local FM Metal.
No comparison. Ours are the real thing. Totally uncensored too.
Icarus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JGunnz1:
I have been interested in the idea of XM radio for my home and car so I thought that I would go to the website and see what their stations were like. OF COURSE the only "metal" station they had played exclusively Nu Metal crap. Because I think it is a great concept, I sent them a letter. Here is an excerpt of what I sent:

"I was interested in the idea of XM radio because I thought that I would be able to hear the kind of music I like- Heavy Metal. However, your "metal" station plays the same kind of Nu- Metal garbage that I can hear on several local stations. As soon as you can get a real metal station that plays old bands like Judas Priest, Ozzy, Iron Maiden etc. and new bands like Nevermore, Sentenced, and Iced Earth and Dark Tranquillity, I will not subscribe. You have a great concept, just not enough quality music content."

It seems to me that XM 's niche would be in playing music that you can't hear on the radio. I would be willing to bet that there are millions of people that would love to hear a real metal XM Station..HARDRADIO maybe you should give them a call.

BTW ** means "ex em"

Satellite radio for the car? Isn't that a bit over the top? I heard about it a while back and thought oh, great another reason for some company to charge a monthly fee for something no one really needs.

I think that's the goal of every corporation, to somehow charge everyone some type of monthy fee for whatever service they offer. I've even seen on line grocery stores that charge monthly fees just so you can order food from them.
Mordax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

The idea is a good one but NONE of the stations really offers anything that I am remotely willing to pay for. Its the same stuff on the regular airwaves.

How long do you think they will last before someone cracks the encryption on their digital transmission?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

I hate nearly all radio stations (certainly all stations I can pick up in a car). I'd rather just make a dozen compilation tapes to keep in there, that way everything I listen to is something I like, and there's plenty of variety. Of course, if I got a CD player that plays MP3s for the car, that would be considerably better....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

I don't think I will ever have satelite radio. Hell, I don't even listen to regular radio, you hardly hear 2 good songs in one day anymore. I agree with Icarus... it seems that someday, you will be able to do EVERYTHING except actually goto work, through some type of monthly service fee.

...(_E\/
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

I saw the listing of channels for XM satellite radio, and I thought, "What a bunch of crap!" And you've got to PAY to listen to those stations?

No thanks.

HardRadio and my show (Erik's Metal Shop - [url=http://www.hitekradio.com]www.hitekradio.com[/url] ) are the only places that play what I want to hear (and since I program my show that's kind of obvious).

KN@C plays too much nu-metal, rap metal, mall metal garbage for the kids, and very little classic style Metal. That's a shame, really. I used to practically WORSHIP that station when it was an on-air FM station in Long Beach. Even a couple of years ago on the net they were still pretty cool, but not anymore.

Long live HardRadio! (And Erik's Metal Shop! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] )
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

Thanks all, for the support..we do appreciate it.
Icarus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: XM Satellite Radio..... Garbage. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scorchin:
Thanks all, for the support..we do appreciate it.

How about Hardradio, coast to coast car audio edition! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: