HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEYBOARDS?in Metal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonerattler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2001 7:24 pm    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

Keyboards in metal / hard rock is fine. Don Airey had great keyboards in his stint with Rainbow and Ozzy, Paul Raymond with UFO and MSG, etc. In fact Emperor sounds great with their keyboard driven death metal.

Although I prefer guitar sounds in music, I find nothing wrong with other instruments. I don't see a reason to attack another for their instrument preference. C'mon. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:57 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
[b]IMHO:

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I am in favor of keyboards in metal, used correctly. If people want to fight to keep something out of metal, IMO it should be turntables not the keys. Thank you, that is all.[/b]

Damn right great post....

give me keyboards or give me death.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 5:23 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

Emperor is black metal. Didn't you get the hand-out sheet? :P
hunwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

king diamond would not be the same without keyboards. nothing wrong with that.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

man this topic was started long ago...wow what a small world
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

Crikey!

Talk about a blast from the past!
Crusader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

When used properly, keyboards can add greatness to a song. Even though various metal bands have used/uses keyboards in their music, gaining good results, and adding something extra to their overall sound, I think there is one genre in metal that greatly benefits from using keyboards, namely doom metal. The keyboard player in a doom metal band can heavily strenghten, and add another dimension of the eerie feeling of the music, which I think is a very important ingredient in that genre.
Raider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

Whoa, Metalfilm, long time no see.

BTW, MarillionFan is posting as Powermetal&AOR right now.

But although the first two Emperor releases were black metal, even I more or less started considered them death metal on "IX Equilibrium". If you're looking for solid reasons why, there are none. They just seem to have lost the BM sound, IMO. That plus they said they were wanting to go in a death metal direction.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: KEYBOARDS?in Metal? Reply with quote

Nuclear, sorry to side with MF on this one, but keyboards are a HUGE part of metal! To knock Savatage is, well, just stupid. They are one of the best bands out there, and their keyboard parts are a key to their sound.

And Metalfilm is dead-on, as usual. Keyboards have been part of metal since day one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: