HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Black Label Society... What do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyCat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:43 pm    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

Who has picked up 1919 Eternal so far? I'm liking it a bit more than Stronger Than Death, Zakk's vocals aren't the greatest, but they sound more menacing here. Overall I think its a tough album. Lots of guitars....nothing new or earth-shattering, just good stomping tunes.
THE_HELLION

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:49 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

I need to listen to it a few more times to really rate it. But from what I heard I like it..
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

I do not think it is as good as either 2 previous BLS studio albums, but it is still very good. Nothing surprising, but that is a good thing.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

Although I think he wrote this CD with the Ozzfest crowd in the back of his mind, I think it's an excellent disc. I totally dig Zakk's vocals on this CD. This CD has "play me at maximum volume" written all over it.

GZ
Butchman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

Upon the first couple of listens I wasn't really big on it, but it's grown on me. I still like STD better, but 1919 is better than Sonic Brew. Lords of Destruction is an awesome song. I don't like his sudden constant use of the wah during solo's though.
geddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

I love 1919 Eernal. It is definately one of the best albums I have heard in a while.
FALCON

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by geddy:
I love 1919 Eernal. It is definately one of the best albums I have heard in a while.

That does surely say a lot, that is unless you have been listening to Matchbox 20, linkin Park, and Creed??? Spose your all excited bout the new Rush? Whatcha hearin?

As for BLS, they lost me last time out (Sonic Brew?), still seem to always buy the discs as I love zakk, I am tredding lightly this time...
Desslar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: New Black Label Society... What do you think? Reply with quote

Same ol', same ol'. Heavy, but doesn't grab me like his stuff with Ozzy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: