HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

Why the hell can't I get into Soilwork?! [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
FALCON

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

Sounds as If I have been seriously missing the ball on DT's "Haven", donedeal. Raider, also great recommendations! TCrazed n TRabbit seem right on as usual, btw, I have been recommended Carnal Forge by other thrashmongers, I add that to the orderlist!

What is the scoop with Into Eternity?

The group "Fight" was one of the first to open my mind a bit to the power, mood, and diversity possible with the use of the gruff vocal lines as they used some nice death chorals with the barkouts that supplemented Halford. Testament_Gathering seems like a beautiful mesh of the heavier stuff, but I love this Gothenburg sound with all the swirling melodic dualies and chunks of sound...thanks for some feedback!
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by FALCON:
Sounds as If I have been seriously missing the ball on DT's "Haven", donedeal. Raider, also great recommendations! TCrazed n TRabbit seem right on as usual, btw, I have been recommended Carnal Forge by other thrashmongers, I add that to the orderlist!

What is the scoop with Into Eternity?

If you liked _Haven_ and usually can't get into the growled-vocals stuff, you'll *love* _Projector_, their previous album, with lots of clean vocals.

As for IE, I did hear a few times in the last few months that their second album was going to be distributed by Century Media - I even heard one song on a sampler from that release with an extra keyboard track, as compared with the DVS Records copy I have. Haven't heard too much about it since then, though. Highly highly recommended anyway.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

DT's Haven is the only one i have of theres, and i love it. What else of theres should i pick up?

and I am very pleased to see others out here that like NightinGales, I have Towards the Twighlight,thurderbeast and nailwork, and i love the continued improvment of this band, i highly recommend any of this bands work so far.

Man i love there reamake of Blackvelvet on nailwork it ranks as one of the most fun remakes of a song ever in my opinon. I bet Alyanna Myles dropped a load when she heard it, if she ever did. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
anamal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

i cant believe nobody has yet to mention ..Enter My Silence......anybody else got it...
syl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

Yeah.
enter my silence is good..
I'd also like to mention,
kalmah, shadow, faerghail,and dimension zero.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

quote:
DT's Haven is the only one i have of theres, and i love it. What else of theres should i pick up?
I would get Projector and then Skydancer..
Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

Oh yeah, how could I forget The Crown. _Deathrace King_ is awesome melodic thrash.

I like Faerghail, but the one I have, _Horizons Fall_, is quite a bit slower than many bands in this genre. Definitely different, but good.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Cookie Time:Let's talk melodic death... Reply with quote

I love Dark Tranquillity's Projector CD. That's probably been the best CD I've picked up in the last 6 months. The clean vox and lyric on that are completely haunting. Great CD. I can't wait to get The Gallery and Mind's I to complete the collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: