HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rock Star
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueshawk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

Is it just me or is Rock Star a wicked movie, and even though it is a fictional band, does anyone actually like Steel Dragon?

droogie
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

welcome to the Hardboard doogie... Jennifer was my favorite part of the whole flick..
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
THE_HELLION

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

Yeah I want to see Jennifer kissing a real chic.. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

Yeah, I liked it. I thought it was ok. Notice the plight of the orginal lead singer? Any irony to it? [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
FALCON

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

Great movie! I thought Steel Dragon was totally convincing, and YES some very good music, all my friend consistantly called me with Huge smiles on their faces telling me How they kept thinkin about ME, not sure if that was good or bad...

Ironically, the one thing that I was not totally sold on was Jennifer Aniston as the female lead, just thought she did not quite fit the role real well...

Anywaze, the wife thought it was hillarious when I kept saying "This is definitely Jeff Scott Soto or "This is surely that Steelheart guy, I'll Never Let You Go", "quiet, down she kept cooing"

STAND UP AND SHOOUUUUTTTTTTTT!!!!
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

I despise the movie. I thought it was utter crap, and unbelievably ridiculous. I don't mind movies that stretch reality a bit, but besides not scripting a believable story, the producers/director seemed to want to make fools of the metal scene. I also thought that a number of the movie were just awful, like when Mark Wahlberg goes in for try-outs and the old singer is just sitting there not even noticing he is being kicked out, then he storms off after admitting he's gay and taking off his wig.

Or how about how Mark Wahlberg turns into a seattle grunge rocker at the end of the movie? I find it hard to believe that someone as deep into the metal scene as he was would suddenly turn grunge. And the movie made it look like grunge was a mature change of pace from metal. I don't buy it. I don't buy any of it.

(by the way I rented the DVD and the directors commentary states that Mark Wahlberg is into all this rap and stuff and so it was hard to film because he had all these hip hop tattoos which they had to edit out with a computer. How stupid is it for them to have picked him in the first place?)
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

I partially agree with Jake... I thought the movie made the metal scene look ridiculous. Mostly towards the end... its like they were trying to convince metal heads that "this is what REALLY happened to metal" -or- "this is how so many bands/artists ended up "selling out"".

Other than that, I enjoyed the movie. I even purchased the DVD. I loved the music. I really like the part where... at his first show with Steel Dragon, he falls, gets up, and "loosens up" enough to "piss on" the old singer's fans who were booing him. Oh yeah, almost forgot... how 'bout when the chick puts her boobs on the limo glass... LOVED IT!!!
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

I loved the movie. I thought it was a lot of fun, and that as always, Jennifer was excellent.

GZ
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Rock Star Reply with quote

Hated the movie, love Jennifer Anniston no matter what she does. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: