HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

Tommy Lee Sued for Drowning Death
by Josh Grossberg
Feb 21, 2002, 11:45 AM PT

Tommy Lee is facing a wrongful-death lawsuit over the drowning death of a young boy at the rocker's Malibu home last summer.

Actress Ursula Karven and television producer James Veres are suing the ex-Mötley Crüe drummer for negligence in the death of their four-year-old son, Daniel, who was found floating face down in the shallow end of Lee's pool during a birthday party.

more at [url=http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9554,00.html]http://www.eon line.com/News/Items/0,1,9554,00.html[/url]
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

Dammmm - just read the whole thing... the 911 call left me wondering just how "responsible" Tommy was that day. But then again, I don't know how I would handle that situation myself, having not dealt with it before. Sad that a 4 year-old died... what puzzles me is, in the 911 call, Tommy tells the 911 operator that the boy is "throwing up" but is "not breathing". ??? Well shit, if he's fu*kin throwing up, isn't that a sign of life?

...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:33 am    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

Tommy Lee should instead be sued for Methods Of Mayhem, that "Get Naked" video, that "Get Naked" song, his hair, his tracksuit...what's one dead child next to the damage wrought by the towering stupidity of this project?

Don't feel bad, kid - if Tommy gets sued into such desperate poverty that he'd rejoin Crue again, you didn't die in vain.

[bad taste mode off]
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:09 am    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

Sad story but as I always say:
Suing won't bring anyone back to life . . . But if receiveing money from the death of a loved one makes you happier, then all the power to that person as I myself could never be that shallow of an individual.

I hope they win a lawsuit and are able to purchase a nice new house and car all in the name of their DEAD son.

Five years after wining the Lawsuit:

[i][scene: Ursula & James are having a party at their new mountain side ski home in Colorado][/i]

Their friend Mike Hunt compliments them on such a tremendous architectual masterpiece they have built while also hinting at his state of disbelief, wondering how the 2 could ever afford a third vacation home such as this.

Ursula who has seen that certain twinkle in the eyes of previous guests quickly guesses the thought of Mr. Hunt and says to her Husband James and Mike:

[Ursula giggling]
[b]"Mike Hunt is silly dear James, he seems to forget that our now 6 year DEAD son Daniel died and ultimately gave us this wonderful house via the American legal system and our shallow and materialistic gratifying lawsuit against Tommy Lee."[/b]

[Mike Hunt spewing champagne and laughing Loudly]
[b]"Silly me, how could I forget, especially after my incident where I spilled the hot coffe on my hand at Starbucks coffee and ultimately got a few free cars out of the deal. I guess death really pays."[/b]

[i][The 3 laughingly clink champagne glasses and skip off to the jacuzzi room][/i]
Brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:08 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Sad story but as I always say:
Suing won't bring anyone back to life . . . But if receiveing money from the death of a loved one makes you happier, then all the power to that person as I myself could never be that shallow of an individual.

I hope they win a lawsuit and are able to purchase a nice new house and car all in the name of their DEAD son.

Five years after wining the Lawsuit:

[i][scene: Ursula & James are having a party at their new mountain side ski home in Colorado][/i]

Their friend Mike Hunt compliments them on such a tremendous architectual masterpiece they have built while also hinting at his state of disbelief, wondering how the 2 could ever afford a third vacation home such as this.

Ursula who has seen that certain twinkle in the eyes of previous guests quickly guesses the thought of Mr. Hunt and says to her Husband James and Mike:

[Ursula giggling]
[b]"Mike Hunt is silly dear James, he seems to forget that our now 6 year DEAD son Daniel died and ultimately gave us this wonderful house via the American legal system and our shallow and materialistic gratifying lawsuit against Tommy Lee."[/b]

[Mike Hunt spewing champagne and laughing Loudly]
[b]"Silly me, how could I forget, especially after my incident where I spilled the hot coffe on my hand at Starbucks coffee and ultimately got a few free cars out of the deal. I guess death really pays."[/b]

[i][The 3 laughingly clink champagne glasses and skip off to the jacuzzi room][/i]

That is the most pathetic, distasteful piece of shit post I have ever read. These people had a child die due to Tommy Lee's lack of good judgement. Not only are the entitle to damages, they are absolutely in the right asking for them. Dude spilling coffee at Starbucks is a whole lot different than losing a child. Get a clue please!!!!!!
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

I wanted to read the news clip before posting, but I still feel the same way. Why would someone let their kid go to Tommy Lee's house to begin with? What the hell? Geezus, the man is a criminal, guilty of domestic violence of all things, and has a public image slightly better than Charles Manson. I take that back, at least Charles Manson had some goals and objectives. Tommy Lee is just a spoiled, out of control, moronic, washed up rock star who threw his career away. I'm not trying to blame the victims here, but do I think some of these damn parents need to use their heads these days. Certainly the death of this poor kid is Lee's fault, but if Tommy Lee told you he would watch your son would you trust him? Think about it.

I hope they sue him for a billion dollars, and I also hope they don't have any more children until they smarten up.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

From my understanding the kid wandered into his pool. I feel bad for the family, but our society is WAY too litigious.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

I hope they sue too, and get the cost of the medical bills and the funeral cost back. And not a penny more. Mijarra is right, the parent must sholder the burden of some of the responsability for this tragedy. Considering the charecter of Mr. Lee. Some things the parents could have done. One of them could have stayed, the child was only four! They could have taught their child basic swimming. I knew the basics at 4 and so did my nieces.

I don't think the parents deserve any extra money from this. They need to accept bad judgement on their part played a part in this accident.
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: news: TOMMY LEE sued for drowning death Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
That is the most pathetic, distasteful piece of shit post I have ever read. These people had a child die due to Tommy Lee's lack of good judgement. Not only are the entitle to damages, they are absolutely in the right asking for them. Dude spilling coffee at Starbucks is a whole lot different than losing a child. Get a clue please!!!!!!

That is the most pathetic piece of shit misunderstood response that I have ever read.

I could care less about the substance abusive loser Tommy Lee.

This is about my anger towards lawsuits and not Tommy Lee at all. The only money, if any received towards this tragedy should be towards funeral costs as Rockangel has said.

I am in NO WAY condoning Tommy the Loser Lee. The bottom line is that I don't want to see people take advantage of a loss in the family by using the legal system to further their wealth. Sure, the exact ammount of such a lawsuit has not been released and in fact they may settle in arbitration or other legal meeting prior to any trial.

My main issue is this:
quote:
The suit cites liability of one's own premises . . . as well as punitive damages against Lee for their pain and suffering.
The price for pain and suffering has always been an issue for me ever since that term was invented some decades ago (I'm sure by some fast taking lawyer)

This type of stuff should never be about money. If I were the parents of a child killed in a senseless accident I would never want such a tragedy to become the focus of a high profile lawsuit that won't bring him back.
Regardless of what people may think no amount of money can bring back the dead and to think it can ease the pain and suffering makes them just as sick as those involved.

I am obviously looking at this with the extreme (and most unlikely) and somewhat comical view of these people getting a shit load of money from Lee, way beyond funeral costs.

Seriously, why don't you get a clue and NOT take things to literal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: