HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

which blind guardian cd should i get?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

I just bought blind guardians night at the opera but i really didn't enjoy it as much as some older blind guardian a friend burned for me on cd. But i don't own no other blind guardian cds. So which blind guardian cds can u guys recomend for me. Also is demons and wizards and in flames any good? which cds from those bands do u recommend? Keep in mind my favorite bands are Maiden, wasp, testament, metal church, and iced earth. Thanks
metalblood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

Seeing that you like Iced Earth you can't go wrong with Demons, not as good as it could have been, but still a solid release.

For BG I say pick up Somewhere Far Beyond. That is my favorite BG album. It's a bit faster and has more of an emphasis on the guitars. Great stuff.

If you don't mind death vox, then you'll probably like IF. Start with Colony or Jester Race.
woosta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

Blind Guardian "Imaginations from the Other Side"
In Flames "Clayman"

and yes, Demons and Wizards is very solid.
THE_HELLION

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

Do not buy "nightfall in middle earth" it sucks.. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

DO buy "Nightfall in Middle Earth." Either the best or second best power metal album of all time. It's primary competition for first place is Blind Guardian's "Imaginations from the Other Side." The latter is probably the best place for a non-fan to start.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

I don't think Blind Guardian has ever made a bad album, but you may not like the last few albums because they have all these spoken passages and are heavy on the concepts. Nightfall in the Middle Earth is the prime example.

The early Blind Guardian stuff is straight ahead speed metal. I personally enjoy it quite a lot, but I think most people are into the mid period of Blind Guardian, in that period they developed a kindof folkish feel to some of their songs, but they didn't take it too far(at least not in the eyes of a typical metalhead I don't think), so you should indeed start in the middle with Somewhere Far Beyond or Imaginations from the Other Side. If you don't mind the overemphasis on JRR Tolkien, then you'll dig the later stuff as well. And if you want speed and some rocking stuff you could probably dig the early stuff as well. Follow the Blind is still my favorite Blind Guardian album even if it isn't very original.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

I'd have to jump in on the do NOT buy _Nightfall In Middle-Earth_ camp - if you're not diggin' the new one, you're REALLY not gonna dig that one.

_Somewhere Far Beyond_ and _Imaginations From The Other Side_, those are the ones I'd easily recommend.
Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

There's one thing different though about Blind Guardian from other bands who use spoken-word passages. Most other bands, like Rhapsody, stick the spoken-word parts in the middle of songs, so you have to listen to that part to hear the song. BG put the spoken parts on separate tracks, so as long as your CD player possesses the ability to choose your track, you don't have to listen to them.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: which blind guardian cd should i get? Reply with quote

Thanks guys for ur recommendations. I think i'm going to buy somewhere far behind and imaginations from the other side first. I'll prolly get a demon and wizards cd too. Which one do u recommend from them? Also is Gamma ray a good band. I have heard good things about them. Which cd is there best? Thanks again for all ur thoughts. I'm sure in a couple of months i'll be alot more knowledgeable on all of these bands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: