HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming out of the closet...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I have always joked about being an in-the-closet Bon Jovi fan. At least everything from the self-titled debut up to "New Jersey".

As for what I don't like that I "should", maybe Megadeath's "Peace Sells". With the exception of the title track and "Wakeup Dead" I thought the disc pretty much blew.

GZ
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I've never really cared for Slayer. They are ok, but not the metal masters everyone has them rated as...

I own and enjoy Poison's greatest hits. Back in the day, I would have never used the words Poison and enjoy in the same sentence...
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I admit it, I really like the first two Vixen albums. I don't care what anyone says, I liked them then and I still like them now. They were even good live back then (yes I saw them live too!!).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

....and admit the albums that you like that other people think are an embaresment. Or to admit to the albums that you just can't stand.

Ok I'll admit it, I like Turbo. No really I do, I don't know what people have against it, it's a fun album. I even like Ram it Down.

I also like AD/DCs Blow Up Your Video, an album I hear nothing about.

I even like Maiden's X-Factor and Virtual XI, both, with the exception of a few songs are good.

Now for the stuff I don't like.
I can't stand Metallica, any of it. I never understood why people like them, even the older stuff I don't like.

I don't particually take to Maiden's Killers, I got this album before I got Iron Maiden, an album that I love. Don't know what it is, I just don't like it.

Queensryche Operation Mindcrime. I got this album years ago and didn't like it. Then last year or so after hearing so much good stuff about it I got it again. I still don't like it. I don't think there are any good songs on this album, at least I don't remember any.

So who's next to admit to something they like.
Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I've always really enjoyed Bon Jovi (ironically enough, they are one of the things that got me into real metal), and am a big fan of the later Def Leppard stuff (Hysteria, Adrenalize)
Desslar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I see no reason to be ashamed of liking or disliking any band, but to list some probably unpopular choices:

Gulity Pleasures:
Autograph, Trixter, Vixen, Britny Fox, Winger, Stryper, Krokus, WASP, Kix, White Lion

What's the big deal?:
Pantera, Slayer, classic Sabbath, Iced Earth, any death metal, most Motorhead
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

While time has not been kind to it, I also like the black album quite a bit, frustratingly inconsistent as it might be, and of course there's the problem of Kirk's rapidly-deteriorating playing and that ****ing wah pedal. It's a damned good rock-star album from guys who, for a little while, made all right rock stars.

As for AJFA's production...I've liked it, I've hated it, now, I don't really care one way or another, but I do think it was probably very influential on this new kind of Norwegian black metal (Thorns, Zyklon, recent Satyricon) with its clinical (as opposed to primal) chill.

I like _Q2K_, and even Queensryche doesn't like _Q2K_. Maybe it'll get a re-assessment six or seven years later like _Promised Land_ did. Naah, probably not...
YJMfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

Guilty Pleasures: I've always dug Winger cause I think Reb Beach is a great guitar player and Rod Morgansteen was in the Dixie Dregs. I think most of my guilty pleasures would be some of the hair bands that I always thought had great guitar players like: White Lion (Vito Bratta), Ratt (Dimartini), Whitesnake (Sykes, Campbell, Vandenburg and Vai) and a few others.

I dont consider Testament "Souls Of Black" to be a guilty pleasure cause I listen to that album all the time. It kicks as much as now as it did when it was first released.
wfo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Coming out of the closet... Reply with quote

I liked all the Maiden albums with Blaze.Also I like post Ozzy Black Sabbath,especially the Dio stuff.Overkill is my favorite band and I always liked the album I Hear Black.Most people think that is their worst ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: