HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

Feb. 15

LONDON (Reuters) - Mick Tucker, the drummer from 1970s British glamour rock band The Sweet, died in hospital in Welwyn Garden City just north of London, a spokesman at the hospital said on Friday.

He said Tucker died of natural causes on Thursday. It has been reported that his death followed a five year struggle with leukemia.

The Sweet's fusion of pop and heavy metal proved popular in glam-rock's hey-day, and the group had a string of hits in the 1970s including "Funny, Funny," "Blockbuster" and "Hell Raiser."

[url=http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20020215_218. html]http://www.abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20020215_218. html[/url]
Stark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

Sad loss. They were actually my first real idols. "Sweet Fanny Adams" is still a killer album! Mick Tucker was one of the most underrated drummers around!
Lars37

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:40 am    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

That's sad news...

Off point, did anyone else find their choice of songs to highlight a little strange?
I'd have probably listed Ballroom Blitz, Fox On The Run and Love Is Like Oxygen, although my personal favorite was Action.
godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:31 am    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

a very underated band. check out the 5 remasters that have been put out.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

In my all time top ten albums I have Sweet's "Desolation Boulevard". This band kicked ass and few people realize it.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

"Sweet F.A." is a KICK ASS song!

I've got a handful of Sweet CD's. A very underrated band (with a VERY uneven career).

Mick was a good drummer. A sad loss indeed.
'breaker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

One of the first albums, I ever got was Desolation Boulevard.

I heard Action, on the radio, but the store didn't have 'Give Us A Wink', so I got DB, instead.

Those @$#%*&'s helped warp my whole life!! I am in their debt!!

-Marty
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:19 pm    Post subject: SWEET's Drummer Mick Tucker Dies Reply with quote

Sweet tends to get overlooked by many metal fans. My favorite Sweet tune is "Medusa". Yeah,they were glitter boys,but on Desolation Boulevard,Give Us A Wink,and Off The Record,they really cranked it up. Check out "Windy City","She Gimme Lovin","Hard Times","Miss Demeanour","Keep It In",and "White Mice" for examples. They were glam before glam was hot,and they were so much better at it than their 80's imitators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: