HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Osbournes 2nite..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

"The Osbournes"

A program TV Guide calls: "A cross between The Simpsons and 'This is Spinal Tap'."
The Toronto Sun dubbed it "hands down the funniest -- as well as the most surreal -- show to emerge [this season]."
And the veritable New York Times says simply:
"The Osbournes Have arrived. And they have a devil's head over their front door to prove it."

TONIGHT at 10:30 Eastern Standard Time/9:30 CST on MTV
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

I'm a bit curious about this show, but for the life of me I can't figure out why MTV would think it's audience would be into it. Every time I click on (er....I mean...click past) MTV all I see is college kids arguing in their apartment, college kids dancing at the beach, or college kids riding around in a winnebago. Not exactly the Ozzy crowd.
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

Oh my! I was flipping channels and caught most of this. It was funny, but I wonder how Ozzy lives his life. He has to be one of the most clueless people I have ever seen.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

at one point I could have sworn that Pommeranian sitting next to Ozzy, looked at the camera and barked as if to say "help ! get me outta here !" [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

Didn't see it - we don't have MTV here - but how the hell could anybody tell what Ozzy was saying? I can never tell what he's saying, and usually when I figure it out, it sounds like another reminder of what happens to a person after years of hard drug abuse.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Doctor X:
Oh my! I was flipping channels and caught most of this. It was funny, but I wonder how Ozzy lives his life. He has to be one of the most clueless people I have ever seen.

Honestly I was not very impressed with the clips I've seen so far regarding this show. I really have no interest in eMTy V exploiting Ozzy and his family more than they already have been.

As far as Ozzy being clueless, I think that is exactly the driving force that created this show. It's pretty sad that eMTy V is using Ozzy's apparant speach issues and cluelessness for people's entertainment. Sure, it;s funny seeing him in interviews and trying to desipher what he's saying but that's enough comedy for me. I'm sure eMTy V is also counting on people getting laughs from the Metal madman's kid's and wife and their issues as well.

I'm sure I'll watch it once out of curiosity, but the whole thing just stinks with eMTy V and the [i]What's hot now[/i] syndrome, and let's face it, Ozzy is Hot now. Think about it how much Ozzy did they play between '92' and the time when the Ozfest became eMTy V friendly?
-Z-E-R-O-
Desslar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

quote:

I'm sure I'll watch it once out of curiosity, but the whole thing just stinks with eMTy V and the [i]What's hot now[/i] syndrome, and let's face it, Ozzy is Hot now. Think about it how much Ozzy did they play between '92' and the time when the Ozfest became eMTy V friendly?
-Z-E-R-O-

Ozzy is hot now???? When did this happen? Last I checked his album has only sold gold, and his videos are played only very occasionally on MTV. I hardly think this qualifies as hot for a performer who is accustomed to being multi-platinum.
beccabecca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

I laughed SO hard that tears were running down my face... and when did the "kids" get so un-adorable?? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Really though.. this is a cool "fad" to happen to MTV.. if it weren't for this show you wouldn't catch me watching the station!! [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: The Osbournes 2nite.. Reply with quote

I can't freaking stand to read the word "eMTy V" anymore! We get it, we all hate MTV! God I don't know why I am so annoyed! Same thing goes for all the different ways of making fun of band names like Dimmu Borgir and Slipknot, you guys know what I am talking about, and "IMO", we freaking know it's your opinion already!

Sorry Icarus, didn't mean to pick on you, you are still cool with me, maybe I am just having a bad day hehe. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: