HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI Reply with quote

SAVATAGE -Total Devastation
The dominoes of Dave Mustaine's decision to end Megadeth continue to fall, as the oligopoly running Savatage decides to fire recently recruited guitarist, Jack Frost, in favor of returning axeslinger Al Pitrelli, despite the negative picture the band painted of his past involvement and the way he left 'Tage the first time.

"Those guys lied to me," says a matter of fact and bitter Frost. "You can't lie to the fans. I loved playing in that band. I thought they were friends. We toured together, telling me how much they enjoyed me being in the band, made plans for the next record and the festivals this summer. If that's what you consider 'friends,' then be my enemy. They call me up and say I'm fired, just like that. I'm not a drunk or a drug addict. They never complained about the live performances, just the opposite, complimenting me, in the press, about how much renewed energy I brought to the show. So at the end of the day, it was just a decision to bring 'their boy' back."

Frost will now concentrate on Seven Witches, who begin a European tour at the end of April, full-time.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI Reply with quote

Seems like that does kindof blow for Jack Frost. I mean I never have heard him on album, but he was definitely pretty rockin' at the Savatage shows. Pitrelli... I don't know about him. He can play, but he seems to lack personality somehow. He may even have a slightly more distinguishable playing style from Frost(from what I've heard that is), but he doesn't seem to be that much better that they should just grab him back in and not care about Frost.
THE_HELLION

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI Reply with quote

Yeah that does kinda blow..And I like Savatage alot..I think I will mosey on over to the Savatage board and peek in and see what they say.. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI Reply with quote

I'm glad to see Pitrelli back in Savatage, I never really thought he belonged in Megadeth, but that's just me. I didn't think Jack Frost added as much to Savatage as everyone was saying anyhow, but then again, I saw them on the second night of their tour, so I'm sure his head was still spinning from learning all the songs! That said, it does sound like Jack got hosed bigtime! Why couldn't they keep 3 guitarists? When Adrian Smith returned to Iron Maiden they didn't tell Janick Gers to go fly a kite, they kept all three guitarists. I realize Frost was with Savatage for only a year and Gers was with Maiden, what, almost 10 years when Smith returned, but still...
SGR_32

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: SAVATAGE picks up PITRELLI Reply with quote

Thats a very good point JesseR72, And Savatage is a band that would probably take more advantage of 3 guitars then alot of others out there. Maiden didnt really use the 3 guitars to there advangage, they were sorta just all there. But a band as creative as savatage with 3 guitars, now that would be interesting to hear. too bad they didnt think about that. or could afford it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: