HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting trip to the used CD store...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:35 am    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

Tyro,

The main Sam's location in downtown Toronto has been revived by the sons of Sam Sniderman. Nice business maneuver, file for receivership, write off all outstanding debts $15-16 million, close all locations and keep the mothership afloat without the debtload they are having problems obtaining new product from some major labels as most suppliers are obviously very cautious about Sam's, once bitten twice shy.
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
To be fair, P&W was hyped to the moon and back when it came out, far more than any guitar instrumental album before or since that I know of, and even guitarists weren't exactly unanimous on it at the time (though of course it won all the polls in the guitar magazines that year. It probably sold really well at the time, considering what it is....

Fair enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
The thing that blows me away about this trip though, wasn't just that these discs are good - I mean, obviously, they're good, but any used CD store will have its share of classics.

Thing is, these are CD's which you don't just go down to the HMV and pick up on a whim. I had to order these CD's and wait two (Ulver's _Kveldsjangger_, that's what it was), four (Ark) or six (Arcturus) weeks to get these CD's.

Good point.

GZ
zombie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

I picked up a copy of Lillian Axe; love and war for 8.99.
Paul G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

Zombie, you suck [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I managed to pick up a sealed vinyl version of the same album for $7.50 cdn, that about $4.70 US on Saturday, obviously the used store manager had no idea what this thing is going for on e-bay or GEMM.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

yeah I was surprised to find Badlands self titled for a dollar in the used store. But at least Badlands(which I think is slightly hard to find) wasn't an import. I found Blind Guardian in the 2.50 section for the album Imaginations from the Other Side. That was real crazy.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

I once scored a copy of Love/Hate's "Wasted In America" in a "bargain bin" for $4.99. The purple-haired kid behind the counter gave me a funny look when he rang it up.I loved it!
nitro4040

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

I just found Annihilator's Remains and Morgana Lefay - Santified at the local Warehouse used bin. Tehre were a few decent other ones as well. I do remember someone actually traded in a bunch of Megadeth there about a year or so ago, but I didn;t have the cash to pick them all up at the time. did grab Rust in Peace and Killing...
Tope

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:10 pm    Post subject: Interesting trip to the used CD store... Reply with quote

i picked up alice copper's Pretties for You(origianl still sealed) on vinyl for 5 bucks (they had no clue what they had there) at the time i beleive it was worth bout 100 bucks(might be more cause this still had factory seal on it)

...i walked away with a huge grin!! deal of a lifetime for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: