HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!! Reply with quote

Screaming in the Dark is off of Live Insurrection
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!! Reply with quote

I didn't care for the last two Priest studio albums either(the live one was excellent though).They were both very heavy(which I liked),but I found the songwriting and lyrics to be really lacking. As for Halford,I liked Resurrection. It was an excellent record,but I thought it could have been better. Some of the songs were a little cliched,and one was way too poppy(Twist Away). But hey,that's just me. Maybe the next one will surpass it. I'd like to see one more masterpiece from this man along the lines of Stained Class or Sin After Sin.It seems on Resurrection,Rob tried to recreate British Steel with a thin coat of Painkiller (both damn fine albums mind you). Oh well,we'll see what happens.
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!! Reply with quote

Rock the world Forever is really bad!! The one out of the 5 mentioned that I don't like.
Golgotha and One Will are classic Halford.
I read somewhere that RTWF and In the Morning will be the Japanese bonus tracks.. the US gets two different tracks instead...
Horace

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by live4metal:
And let's face it after 3 or 4 listens Demolition loses it';s appeal real fast,Ripper sounds great impersonating Rob on the Priest classics,but his style and songs are'nt cuttin it 4me,and Jugulator & Demolition are a stain on the mighty Judas Priest collection.

I agree, but Ripper has had little or no input in the songwriting - it's all Glenn Tipton, and I'm afraid he's got a rap-metal loving son in the picture who's exerting some undue influence (Like Ozzy's kid who picks the Ozzfest acts). If you heard Winter's Bane's HEART OF A KILLER cd that Ripper sings on, it's traditional power metal and excellent.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: NEW HALFORD SONGS KICK BUTT!!! Reply with quote

I hadn't hear the new Halford material, but some review I saw put it a little down (????). Halford himself said the material is different from "Resurrection" (awsome album by the way). I'll have to wait and see.

And as for JP, I have all the Ripper era albums, and they are not wh I expected (especially the last one, is terrible except for the ballads). I agree that Glenn Tipton must step down a little and let a) Owens do some lyrics, b) let KK compose more together, c) ban his son from the house, and d) hear the real fans from a lifetime: we want more DOTF and "Painkiller" not "Demolition" (which puzzles me because Tipton solo album is really good).
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: