HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whaaa Face

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 6:31 am    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

That's the rumor I have heard. Anyone know the dirt? I SO HOPE DeGarmo is back in...
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

That would be pleasure to my ears, out with the GRay in with the New! I still love Tate even though he dont still got what he had!
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whaaa Face:
That's the rumor I have heard. Anyone know the dirt? I SO HOPE DeGarmo is back in...

I'd heard that, and I'd also heard that DeGarmo was back and an announcement was imminent. But that WAS just a rumour and it was a while ago now....who knows what's going on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

Gray is officially out. The bands site says so.
No replacment news yet.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

Of course, if DeGarmo does come back, they're more likely to give us another _Hear In The Now Frontier_ than another _Rage For Order_. Such are the cruel ironies of aging rock bands...
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

I agree with Tyranno's sentiments. While it can only be a positive that Gray is gone, QR is done. They sucked before DeGarmo left, and will most likely suck even if he returns.

GZ
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

I was reading an interview with Queensryche just prior to the Q2k release (it was in the collector's magazine, Goldmine). It was pretty interesting, basically DeGarmo wanted to go with the "tuned-down" sound of Hear in the Now Frontier. The rest of the band just decided to go with him at the time, and basically told him "this is your album." After the album was a commercial and critical flop, DeGarmo felt so guilty about the situation that he left the band. It didn't sound like the rest of the band wanted him to go, and deep down I'm not sure if DeGarmo really wanted to go either.

Nonetheless, if DeGarmo was to re-join, I really don't know if the band could every recapture what they once had. Not only do you have to factor in things like success and age, but they've been apart for awhile and have done a lot of different things. But certainly I wouldn't expect another Hear in the Now Frontier, I think all those guys realize what a disaster that was and they are smart enough guys to learn from their mistakes. But if they could ever get their songwriting chops up to where they were from albums #2 through #4, well.....that remains to be seen.

But I'll be rooting for them. Because Queensryche at their peak were a band that could not be touched by anyone! Rage for Order and Operation Mindcrime are two of the greatest albums released....EVER!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

I liked Q2K [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] but will be even happier if Degarmo is back and the band makes a Rage For Order type album. Mindcrime was cool but Order was better!
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Kelly Gray OUT of Queensryche Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun not the band:
I liked Q2K [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] but will be even happier if Degarmo is back and the band makes a Rage For Order type album. Mindcrime was cool but Order was better!

[b]Rage For Order[/b] Rules!!! Infact I'm going to slip that disc in right now.

I'd love to see Degarmo back in even if he acts like his sh*t doesn't smell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: