HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Ultimate Reunion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

I'll borrow an idea from one of my favorite comedies "Brewster's Millions"(you know with John Candy and Richard Pryor)and give it a metallic twist. Say your long-lost,obscenely wealthy metalhead uncle passes on and leaves you a crapload of money,with a catch....

You are given 30 million dollars to reunite the defunct metal bands of your choice for an album and tour. If you fail,you get nada. If you succeed,you get 300 million.Which bands would you reunite?Would you wimp out and take the 1 million(fat chance on this board I'm sure)?

Here's some of mine to get you started:

Budgie
Fastway(original line-up with Dave King)
Diamond Head
Tygers Of Pan Tang(with Deverill and Sykes)
Vandenberg
Witchfinder General

That's all I'm givin' ya. Who wants to play?
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

hmmm... good one iwarrior...

Van Halen w/Dave back on vox
Dokken w/original lineup (Lynch,Pilson,etc...)
Fastway (I agree with you on this one!)
Winger (Hey, I happen to like Winger!)
Whitesnake
Blue Murder (would have to compromise with Whitesnake though)
Yngwie w/Joe Lynn Turner
Lynch Mob (compromise with Dokken LOL)
Red Stripe

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

I would like to see:

* Yngwie w/Jens, Anders, Marcel and Jeff Scott Soto

* Dio w/Vivian Campbell

* Ozzy w/Jake E Lee

* Priest w/Halford

* Overkill w/Bobby Gustafson

* Sepultura w/Max
Horace

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

Blackmore back in Purple (I love them with Morse, but I'd like to see whether Gillan kills Blackmore or vice versa)

Rainbow with Dio, Halen with Roth, Montrose with Sammy Hagar (hopefully Ronnie might finally strangle Sam!), Helloween with Kai Hansen, and Priest with Halford.
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

Cool topic!

Here are some bands I wouldn't mind getting together again.

[b]Tygers Of Pan Tang[/b] (original lineup with Jess Cox, excluding both Deverill and Sykes)

[b]Samson[/b] (with Paul Samson on guitar as well as vocals, Chris Aylmer, and Thunderstick)

[b]Cloven Hoof[/b] (original lineup)

[b]Tyson Dog[/b]

[b]Fist[/b] (this U.K. band with Glenn Coates on vocal duty, I'd give a whole lot to scream my lungs off to Turn The Hell On)
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 9:11 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

To be honest, I usually don't mind when bands change their line up. I think it tends to bring a new dimension to their music. I can't really think of too many bands that I would rather see in a different incarnation than their current one, but since the stakes here are 300 million or nuthin', I'll try to get one of these lineups to reunite:
Megadeth-Dave Mustaine, Marty Freidman, Dave Ellefson, Nick Menza and, assuming Mustaine still can't play guitar, Chris Poland
Helloween-with Micheal Kiske and Kai Hanson, I guess Uli Kusch (sp?) would be the drummer since Ingo's passed away (BTW-I do love what Roland Grapow and Andi Deris have brought to the band!)
Savatage-Bring back Zack! The new guy, Damon, is pretty good, but he ain't no Zack!
Metal Church-with Mike Howe and Craig Wells, the 1989-1993 line up was the best IMO.
U.D.O.-with Mathias Dieth on guitar, I don't care who else rounds out the band. His guitar work has been missed since he left. The new guy (I forget his name) is darned good himself, but Mathis set the bar pretty high on those early albums.

Non-metal
The Outlaws-Since 2 of their original members are dead, I'd go with this line up:Original members Hughie Thomasson, Henry Paul, Monte Yoho(I've heard Monte is itching for a reunion!) along with Bassist Harvey Dalton Arnold (1977-1980), guitarist Fred Salem (1978-1982) and Drummer David Dix (1978-1987)
Yes-Boy are there a lot of combinations we could do with Yes! I'll take the '80's line up: Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Alan White, Tony Kaye and Trevor Rabin. I've seen both Rabin and Steve Howe in concert and, call me crazy but, I'll take Rabin over Howe any day.

Hopefully I could get one of those line ups to reunite for a tour so I could collect my 300 Million!
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

Dio back with Blackmore in a new incarnation of Rainbow with Lee Kerslake, Bob Daisely and special guest Jon Lord.

Blaze back with Maiden with ANDY SNEAP producing.
Horace

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun not the band:
[qb]Dio back with Blackmore in a new incarnation of Rainbow with Lee Kerslake, Bob Daisely and special guest Jon Lord.

All right - that's about the coolest thing I've ever heard! Great idea.
Whaaa Face

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Your Ultimate Reunion Reply with quote

Fates Warning - Original line up (especially Arch)
Obsession
Liege Lord -Original line up (Andy on Vox)
Scorpions (circa late seventies, especially Ulrich Roth)
Helloween with Kiske ("Keys" line up)
Megadeth - (Marty & Menza - Rust line up)
Flotsom & Jetsom - Original line up WITH Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: