HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New RUSH Out Today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whaaa Face

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Woo Hoo - Finally - Vapor Trails

Been waiting a while for this day to be here. I'll be picking it up at lunch.

Can't wait for opening night of the tour in Hartford...
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:08 am    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Listening to it right now [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Vapor Trails should keep me happy until the Star One and Dario Mollo/Tony Martin Cage 2 cds arrive from The End!
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whaaa Face:
Woo Hoo - Finally - Vapor Trails

Been waiting a while for this day to be here. I'll be picking it up at lunch.

Can't wait for opening night of the tour in Hartford...

I will be at that show.
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

It's out and, in my opinion, it sucks.

Earthshine is a good song, the rest of it bored me to tears.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Its a difficult cd to get into. I bought this morning and listened to it on my boom box. Nothing clicked (other than the Houses of the Holy type riff - Song Remains The Same) on track 8 I think.

Then I tried headphones and it started to gel. The lyric, "from the desert to the mountains" from Ghost Rider brought back memories of driving from San Diego to Calgary (via Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Portland, Tacoma, Seattle, Vancouver, Banff National Park).

5-6 listens later the buried melodies are beginning to unravel and I feel that Vapor Trails will definately be in my top 10 for the year. The latest Dokken was a similar experience. Not what I expected but certainly not crap.
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

The lyric for Ghost Rider is great. Peart did a motorcycle tour shortly after the passing of his wife and daughter, and certainly the lyric is a reflection of what he must have been feeling at the time. Very emotional and heartfelt. Definitely a tremendous lyrical effort.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Damn, too many divided opinions. I want to hear it before take the risk. "Test For Echo" was nice, so it was "Counterparts", but I'm not sure [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Well VP is certainly not TFE 2 [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] TFE was a bit more upbeat while VP is dark and moody.

I changed the discs in my 5 cd changer to compare VP to other RUSH cds.

1. Different Stages Disc 3 (LIVE 1978)
2. Vapor Trails
3. Chronicles: Disc 2
4. Test For Echo
5. Roll The Bones

And yes VP kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: New RUSH Out Today Reply with quote

Vapor Trails is a differant RUSH than Test 4Echoe all right.Not too keyboards this time around from Geddy and the sound is stripped down big time.At first listen the cd seems a little boring and the hooks are'nt really strong enough to rope U into any of the trax.This disc has a definite disconcerning mood running through it,not really dark as some have said,but self searching and introspective.Vapor Trails is a classic Rush track as is Earthshine.Like alot of great bands they're music sometimes takes repeated listenings to unravel the layers of greatness.This is seemingly the case with this disc as with each listen I hear alot of classic Rush traits creep to the surface.More so than Test 4Echoe which I thought came up a little short 4a Rush record.I much preffered Counterparts.While Vapor Trails isn't Moving Pictures it is a solid record and as always contains some of the best musicianship around.I'd call this one a cross between Counterparts & maybe Hold Your Fire.Rush is a great band and they've come thru again with another masterpiece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: