HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

1. Dario Mollo/Tony Martin: CAGE 2 - an excellent followup to the first Cage cd. Kinda like Voodoo Hill but minus the blues or Rhapsody without the Dungeons & Dragons. The album Dokken could have made with Norum but didn't. Its bright, melodic, fun and honest. Only slip up was including a cover of Dazed and Confused but the Cage does have at least 1 cover per album (last time it was Stormbringer). Imagine Arjen with his head out of the clouds and grounded.

2. Dio: Killing the Dragon - Its 1983/1984 again! Oh if only this came out instead of Sacred Heart.

3. Rush: Vapor Trails - a cussed but still enjoyable release. The band could have lightened up a bit but the craft and melodies are still there. Just harder to find.

4. Blind Guardian: Night at the Opera - Just can't get enough of Silence, Soulforged and Destiny.

5. Blaze: The Tenth Dimension - album of the year!

Still waiting for Star One to land in my mailbox!
Brian

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Rush - Vapor Trails
Winds - Reflections of the I
Wolverine - The Window Purpose
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Dio - Killing the Dragon
deamon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

It's retro day at home and in my car!

This is what I've been listening to:

1.) Rainbow Rising --- Damn That's good! (I wish I'd been able to see that band)

2.) Rush --- Vapor

3.) Metallica --- Master of Puppets (Sorry, but I love to drive with this on the changer)

4.) Hellion --- The Black Book (Love 'em or hate 'em this rocks!)

5.) Queensryche --- Operation Mindcrime

I've been in a retro mood lately --- buyin' all kinds of stuff off!
Jake

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Just decided to give Soilwork a second chance so I bought Natural Born Chaos and am listening to it. I'm going to do some listening to Chainheart Machine as well. I've also been in a thrashier mood lately so Show No Mercy, Among the Living, State of Euphoria, The New Order, and the Ultraviolence have been doing the rounds. I've just started to get into Nevermore's Dead Heart it a Dead World. Man it took a while to get into that one.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

I'm on a New Renaissance kick,so I've been listening to stuff from their roster. Bands like At War,Hellion,Illwill,Dream Death,etc.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Just picked up:
BLS - 1919 Eternal
Down - Bustle in Your Hedgerow
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Brian, how's that Winds "Reflections of the I" disc? I was thinking about ordering it. Is it worth it?
MUTANT

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
I'm on a New Renaissance kick,so I've been listening to stuff from their roster. Bands like At War,Hellion,Illwill,Dream Death,etc.

Which of those bands do you like best?
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

I thought the Dream Death cd "Journey Into Mystery" is monster aside from the out-of-place vocals. If you're into doom metal,I'd seek it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: