HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MUTANT

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Have you heard At War or Illwill?
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:42 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight
Ark - Burn the Sun
Pain of Salvation - Entropia
Kamelot - Karma
Opeth - Blackwater Park

I am also waiting for Star One disc to arrive. I heard some clips off of CDNow and I am pretty pumped for this disc.

GZ
Horace

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Motorhead - Hammered (2cd German + bonus)
Elixer - The Son Of Odin (nwobhm)
Nazareth - Homecoming (Live 2000)
Pentagram - First Daze Here: Vintage Collection
Place Of Skulls - Nailed (ex-Pentagram axeman)
Dio - Killing The Dragon
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin (2cd)
Ultra - Ultra (70's hard rock on Monster records)
Legend - Anthology (killer 2cd nwobhm re-issue)
Saxon - Killing Ground (Jap. 2cd w/bonus track)
Brian

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem62:
Brian, how's that Winds "Reflections of the I" disc? I was thinking about ordering it. Is it worth it?

I really like it. But it takes some time to sink in. its not an immediate listen by any stretch. There's a lot going on, classical piano, viola, cellos, violins, etc. theres a full mp3 on the end records site you can listen to.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

I've heard references to the band and am interested but do not want to buy anything Satanic. So, what do the Wind stand for and are the vocals clean?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:49 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

[b]Star One - Space Metal[/b] . Absolutely fantastic. Been listening to it almost non-stop for a fortnight now. Honestly, everyone should get themselves a copy of this now, I'm highly impressed.

[b]Ring Of Fire - The Oracle[/b] . Mark Boals' band. Tell you what, George Bellas is no Yngwie Malmsteen, and oddly, I find the sound quality to be worse than on War To End All Wars. It's not a bad album though.

[b]Ark - Burn The Sun[/b] . I figured I'd give it a try after all the praise, and having seen all of them but Tore Ostby in Yngwie's band, I know they are all talented. Having said that, not only did Jorn Lande steal Yngwie's band, he also stole some of his lyrics, or lyric writing ability/inability. The "Flames getting higher/Playing with fire" rhyme in particular has been a staple of Malmsteen records for over 15 years, but here it is again. Still, it's a decent record, not earth-shattering, but the title track is one that doesn't leave your head. He really does sound a hell of a lot like Coverdale at times too (which is good).

[b]Vanden Plas - Colour Temple/Accult[/b] . This is good stuff, although I'm fairly certain their newer stuff will be better. Note: Need to order at least two of their newer CDs very soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brian

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun not the band:
I've heard references to the band and am interested but do not want to buy anything Satanic. So, what do the Wind stand for and are the vocals clean?

The concept of the album is pretty abstract, seems pretty philosophical. The title means basically what it says. Reflections of the I, meaning the songs are reflections of the band. They don't seem to be satanic at all, and yes it is clean vocals throughout.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

Ack! Still waiting for Star One from The End (ORDER FULFILLED 5/10/2002). [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
metalblood

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: In Your Player aka New Cds that you bought Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Horace:
Legend - Anthology (killer 2cd nwobhm re-issue)[/QB]

I've been raving about Anthology since it came out, glad to see Legends career available on disc.

Witchkiller- The Day of the Saxons
Manowar- Hail To England
Sigh- Imaginary Sonicscapes
Edguy- Theater of Salvation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: