HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck..
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

[i]Jay Nedry, owner of the Jaxx concert hall in West Springfield, Virginia, has commented on the reasons behind the cancellation of MANOWAR's gig at the venue, originally scheduled for March 30th. According to Nedry, “we had bought MANOWAR and two other acts [for the show on March 30th]. We also were told specifically that we could use two local acts [as support]. On March 14th, I got a message that [MANOWAR] bassist Joey DeMaio had decided that he didn't want local bands on the bill. This ain't what we agreed to, and as a longtime (26 years) local musician, I am in a position that I do not have to put up with people being treated like this. Also demanding six loaders to move in one drum set, a bass and guitar rig is so far out of line. I have done over 2,000 national shows and all everyone else needs is two [loaders]. The last time this band played, every day it was a new demand from Joey. Well, Joey can take his band back to Europe and let [the Europeans] kiss his ass, 'cause I don't need the bullsh.t, the stress or the total and gross disrespect of local musicians who were thrilled to be playing with MANOWAR. Once this same old Joey-says-this-and-that started is when I washed my hands with this. I have worked too damn hard to put up with this from someone who plays once every five years for us. I deal with the local guys every day, and I guess Joey forgot what it's like to try and get started.”[/i]

They ain't exactly Metallica...
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

Interesting post. Although, I would have to say, that I'm not exactly surprised. I have seen Joey reem a sound guy, during the middle of the show, because he messed up one of his lame-ass bass solos. How it was the sound guy's fault that Joey's playing was sloppy, is beyond me. It was easily one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen.

GZ
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

I've been to Jaxx quite a few times, and I know for a fact that Jay (besides being a helluva nice person) is a big supporter of local music. It's cool that he is speaking up for the little guy, so to speak.

And after reading quite a few interviews with Joey Demaio over the years, I get the impression that he is a pompous @$$hole jerk who thinks his sh*t doesn't stink. He's even blasted Steve Harris because he doesn't like playing bass solos. IMO, in a bass playing contest between the two, Harris would mop the floor with Demaio hands down.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 8:32 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

I goto the Jaxx all the time. It's a great place to see shows, never really crowed, you can see pretty well from most everywhere. Beer prices are ok. I've never actaully talked to Jay, but I always see him out and about when there are shows. Now I'm glad I wasn't gonna see Manowar there. I am though going to see Iced Earth etc and Virgin Steele there, both of which I'm looking forward to.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:12 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

Since when hasn't Joey Demaio sounded like a jerk. And I'll go ahead and say it, I think the whole band sounds like a bunch of idiots trying very hard to sound like they live their live's as rockstars to the fullest.

But nevertheless whether they are trying to be a joke like Spinal Tap, or whether they just come off that way, I enjoy the humor in it. Plus they do rock. I'm going to try to catch them up in Ohio.

Question for EdwardThead and The Dorf: When the Jaxx plays local bands, are the bands metal bands or country usually? because sometimes I see a battle of local bands show, or just a local show listed in the calendar of events and I don't know if the shows are country or metal, because apparently the Jaxx sometimes has country shows as well.

I've only been there once unfortunately. Overkill was good there at the beginning of this year. I liked the way you can get so close to the stage. Kindof a personal atmosphere could be had between the band and the up close audience, because the stage isn't that high off the ground either.
wfo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

Anybody know if Jaxx has a website?
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wfo:
Anybody know if Jaxx has a website?

Yep.

[url=http://www.jaxxroxx.com]www.jaxxroxx.com[/url]
wfo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

Thanks Desslar.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Sounds like Joey Demaio is a real pr*ck.. Reply with quote

Yeah I'm goin' to the show. I haven't bought my tickets, going tonight. As for the other question, I've never been there for the local stuff really. It's a bit far, around an hour, so I usually just catch the bigger groups, so I wouldn't know if they play country or not.

Has anyone ever been to the Battle of the Bands they host? I'm just wondering if it's good to go or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: