HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TELSTRA MAN

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

GOD I HOPE SO, BLACK ALBUM WAS LAST OF THE HEAVY STUFF. HOLIER THAN THOU PLEASE COME BACK
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

I hope so too,but I wouldn't hold yer breath dude.
metaldams

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

Complain all you want about the "new" Metallica, but look at it this way. Metallica gets mainstream attention by currently playing so called "light" music, (it's mostly still heavy to me, just bluesier). Some teenaged kid is going to really get into them, and may go back into their back catalog and history and get a sense of what metal is all about. From there, he/she will naturally progress into Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and then Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc., and it all started from the fact Metallica is in the mainstream. Nobody ever looks at it that way.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

Thats because the people that support Metallica now only do so because they can say "thats my metal band". They do not need, want or require anything else except AC/DC, Ozzy and Bon Jovi.

I remember seeing Metallica live for a second time in 1997 and the audience was completely different from the 1989 audience. The only time the crowd seemed happy was when the radio hits were played (One, Until It Sleeps, Enter Sadman).

When I caught Maiden in 2000 there were people wearing Hammerfall shirts!
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

nothing wrong with Hammerfall!! lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:15 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

The point being that the audience was wearing t-shirts by bands that do not get heavy rotation on MTV or the radio.
metaldams

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun not the band:
Thats because the people that support Metallica now only do so because they can say "thats my metal band". They do not need, want or require anything else except AC/DC, Ozzy and Bon Jovi.

I remember seeing Metallica live for a second time in 1997 and the audience was completely different from the 1989 audience. The only time the crowd seemed happy was when the radio hits were played (One, Until It Sleeps, Enter Sadman).

When I caught Maiden in 2000 there were people wearing Hammerfall shirts!

You're right, that's the attitude of a lot of people, but there are others who will use Metallica as a gateway band into a wide variety of metal. With all of those millions of sales, it's got to happen with some people.
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

I know what the point was, i was just being funny. I own a Legacy of Kings t-shirt.
anyway, i got into megadeth and Judas Priest before Metallica. Anyhow, I do agree with the above comment about them getting too bluesy. I am not really a fan of the blues based rock..and thats more of a turnoff with me and Metallica.
Maybe these guys are just runnin out of stuff to write about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Raider

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: WILL METALLICA HAVE A HEAVY ALBUM OR NOT? Reply with quote

Maybe Metallica will result in more people liking metal, but I'm voting against it. I know a ton of people who like newer Metallica stuff, many of them don't even know of stuff pre-Black album, and quite a few of them have never even heard of the big names of metal like Megadeth and Anthrax, let alone actually listened to anything by them. And I won't even discuss what happens when I mention a metal band that never had/has any radio or MTV play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: