HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
You said you were leaving. Please live up to your claim and leave. You add nothing to any discussion.

Sometimes people leave. Then they come back for a new reason. These things can happen. I do however appreciate your helping to manage my alleged anger. I read you were an anger counselor. Thanks
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

Hey Lev, I still think that many songs from [b]Dokken[/b] fit into the metal category.
[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Hey Lev, I still think that many songs from [b]Dokken[/b] fit into the metal category.
[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I totally agree... especially songs like "Til The Livin End" from Under Lock & Key and "Turn On The Action" from Tooth and Nail (just to name a couple). And this is a prime example of what I was saying in my post... Sometimes you can get a disc and find 2 or 3 different styles of music on it. Dokken were notorious for this; with "radio-worthy" songs and "metal" songs in the mix.
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
I have a poem for you Lev1athan:
I once had a cd I had hoped was true metal. Then the cd had a cover to it which I needed to open instrumental. Once the cover was turned on I heard only false metal. What I realized at this point was that I had to actually put the cd into the cd player ever to have a chance of hearing true metal. Opinions differ, once the cd plays, but they should not differ beforehand. Music literally has no sound on the cd before the cd is played. I have bought the posters. I have heard the names. For some, this is just good enough.

I don't remember anyone here ever judging any music before they've heard it other than discussions about album cover art. As for your album cover, I have seen worse... a guy in a dress... big deal, doesn't really bother me, in fact, it's comical in a way and struck my interest enough to want to know what you sounded like. I may not have liked the music that much, but the point is: I listened before I "judged". So there... feel a little better?
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Lars37

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
You said you were leaving. Please live up to your claim and leave. You add nothing to any discussion.

Sometimes people leave. Then they come back for a new reason. These things can happen. I do however appreciate your helping to manage my alleged anger. I read you were an anger counselor. Thanks
Sure, people come and go all the time. The difference is, not everyone trumpets their departure every time as if it matters. You do.
And how exactly did I "help to manage your alleged anger"? I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

True metal? bralalala? I dont think so.maybe "annoying metal"hmmm I invented a new catch Phrase anyone else have thier picks for "annoying metal"and you need not look any further than to review Bralalas pathetic diatribe.For a definition.
violentbreed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

Y'all are fools! There is an easy way to tell if somthing is true metal. While many, many bands from Judas Priest to Nirvana make the "rock" definition, true metal can be found thus. Ask the question, "Would MTV play this?" If the answer is "no" then you are dealing with true metal. Can a person be "true metal". Of course, if you have heard of any the bands they play here on Hardradio then you are true metal, I promise you the fakes don't know any of them.

Now, stop arguing over whose opinion is better.

Peace out,

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: True metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by violentbreed:
Y'all are fools! There is an easy way to tell if somthing is true metal. While many, many bands from Judas Priest to Nirvana make the "rock" definition, true metal can be found thus. Ask the question, "Would MTV play this?" If the answer is "no" then you are dealing with true metal.

Last I checked, MTV wasn't playing free-form jazz either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: