HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DP/Scorps/Dio Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:29 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

So what is the ticket price for this show?
MUTANT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

Good question!
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

I've got my tickets for the Aug 2nd show at Coors Amphitheater in San Diego. Purple is headlining that show.

Personally, I'm glad that it's Steve Morse on guitar and not Blackmore. Morse is so much more versatile, and has both a heavier edge and a lighter touch (more finesse) depending on what is needed. I wish Jon Lord was still touring with the band, but the guy is about 60, so I'll cut him some slack. Besides, Don Airey is great!

And, of course, Dio's new album is his best since Dream Evil (and arguably since The Last In Line) so this should be great since Dio always delivers live!

The Scorps? Never seen em live. I like some of their albums, so I'm sure they won't be too bad.

But with Dio and Purple there, how can you go wrong?
Micaria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

I went to the show... and it was great. However we missed Dio, because we were running late... but not so much that we should have missed Dio, they must not have gotten to play for very long. Then there were the Scorpions... I thought that they were an okay stage show... but it was a little... I don't know like it was missing something... and I haven't even gone to many concerts... but anyway...

Deep Purple.... f***ing awesome I must say. They are just... mind boggling. There was a section where they were showcasing the talents of the individuals, and the Keyboardist started with some classical stuff and then went into playing the Star Wars theme... ALL BY HIMSELF. He's like a virtuoso or something... I mean DAMN! I used to play piano, but there's no way I could have done anything like that... even if I had stuck with it... It just totally blew me away... totally.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by MUTANT:
I am just disappointed that Ritchie Blackmore and Jon Lord are not going to be in the Deep Purple line-up. I never saw the classic line-up live, other than videos. I am not a fan of Steve Morse. I think he would ruin it for me.

Neither do I, I just saw the Purple for the first time on their "Purpendicular" tour, and Blackmore was out by then, but Lord still was there. I'm going of course to see them again at the end of July, but is not going to be the same. Nevertheless is a great band, filled with great songs (many of them not sung by Gillan, which is a pity), and Morse is a very good guitar player, so is Don Airey as a keyboardist.

I hope Scorpions and Dio are good too, because I finish follow them several years ago.
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
Just a heads up... I've seen many, many bands perform live, and the Scorpions are by far the worst of all of them. Mind you, I don't dislike the Scorps at all. I think they have a bunch of real good songs. But they just suck live. I caught them in the late 80s on the Monsters of Rock tour, and then again a few years ago opening for Motley Crue. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

GZ

What!!?? I disagree completely. I`ve seen the Scorps 5 times since 1982 and they`ve always been great live. What dont you like about their live show?
I also saw them touring with Motley Crue and thought they were the better of the two. The only real gripe I have about the Scorps live is that they dont dig deep enough into their older material. I did see them last month with Dio and Deep Purple and they played "We`ll Burn the Sky", which really happily surprised me. Maybe next time they`ll throw in "Speedys Coming" or "The Sails of Charon".
In summary, I think the Scorps are a great live band with excellent sound and musicianship. There are better live bands but there are certainly many more that are worse.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

I caught the Scorpions back in 1991 (Great White and I think Trixter) opened up the show. Scorpions put on a very good show but of course Steamrock Fever, Sails of Charon, Catch Your Train etc were not played.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: DP/Scorps/Dio Tour Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought my tickets at Ticketmaster. They're the chepeast ones, just in case the show is not that good [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] After all only DP interest me, Dio and Scorpions is more filling up, and since I saw the Purple once...
Anyway for those who are going to be in Reno for the venue, hope you have a great time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: