HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Picked up the new Angel Dust a few days ago (I love it - very heavy and dark). And it came with a bonus disc with a bunch of Century Media artists such as Iced Earth, Nevermore, Onward (their song on this disc smokes anything from their first album), Blind Guardian, Jag Panzer (good song on an otherwise crappy album) etc. Anybody else get the bonus disc as well?
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

You bet! that disc has introduced me to Royal Hunt. I'm searching the local stores for them now.
FALCON

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I believe I have four of those bonus discs!! The Angel Dust is another solid piece of great and precise Power metal, this one up a notch onthe heaviness, less on the drama and chills, solid release...

As for Royal Hunt, the Mission really put me on the floor with its approach and great use of what they do best, just roam through the metallic territory with tons of swirls and keys, creating lots of tension and release, thought this band was at their peak once DC Cooper split, this proved me wrong, though Paradox still remains my fave from this great act! Check them out for sure! Also from that list Tad Morose and Jag Panzer have released two killer albums of late for sure worth the travel!
THE MIGHTY THOR INTREPID

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 5:13 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Oh yeah. I pre-ordered the CD on Amazon. It too came with the bonus. I heard Sonata Arctica and went out and bought the cd.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:59 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I loved the Tad Morose, Royal Hunt and Blind Guardian tunes, didn't like the Sonata Arctica though. Have these bands been out for a while?
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Royal Hunt and Tad Morose have been around since the early 90's and Blind Guardian since the late '80's.

Check out:

[url=http://www.blind-guardian.com]http://www.blind-guardian.com[/url]

[url=http://www.royalhunt.com]http://www.royalhunt.com[/url]

[url=http://www.tadmorose.com]http://www.tadmorose.com[/url]
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I believe Royal Hunt has been around since the early 90's. I have a cassette of Land of Broken Hearts (1994). Moving Target is my favourite RH cd as it has such brilliant tunes as Time & Last Goodbye.
MadMetalPoet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

I HAVE A COUPLE OF THOSE SAMPLER DISCS AS WELL, I'D NEVER HEARD OF SOME OF THESE BANDS, AND THE SAMPLER DID IT'S JOB, I'VE BOUGHT SOME OF THE NEW RELEASES,
TAD MOROSE-MATTERS OF THE DARK 9/10
ANGEL DUST-HUMAN BONDAGE 8/10
ONWARD- REAWAKEN 7/10
NOCTURNAL RITES- AFTERLIFE 9/10
WARMEN- BEYOND ABILITES 8/10
I CAN'T FIND THE DREAM EVIL
OR ANDROMEDA ANYWHERE IN MY AREA.
THEY ARE KILLER AS WELL!!

I WISH I HAD A HUNDRED OF THOSE SAMPLERS TO GIVE TO GUYS I MEET WHO THINK METAL DIED IN '92!
I RATTLE OFF BAND NAMES AND THEY'RE LIKE WHO?
I HATE THESE $$$ MONEY GRUBBIN US MAJOR LABELS
THAT THINK LIMPWRIST BISCUT, KID ROCK, AND NICKELBACK ARE METAL. I KNOW SOME 18 YEAR OLDS,
WHO DIG ICED EARTH, NEVERMORE AND STUFF! I BELIEVE
THE BANDS WOULD SELL IF ONLY THE KIDS HEARD'EM.
I'M 30 SOMETHING AND REMEMBER THE 80'S AND ALL,
I LOVE HARD ROCK FROM OLD PURPLE AND SABB TO THE GREAT NEW STUFF FROM CENTURY/MEDIA, NUKEBLAST,
AND OTHERS. WELL ENOUGH RAMBLIN, I GET SO PASSIONATE 'BOUT THE METAL. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
YOU PEOPLE TAKE CARE AND JAM LOUDER THAN HELL,
MADMETALPOET.....
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: NEW ANGEL DUST, AND MORE Reply with quote

Dorf-

Let us know what you think about that Angel Dust disc after you've spun it a few times. I really tried to like that disc, as I'm a huge fan of Angel Dust. But that disc just leaves me cold.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: