HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Dio really 60 years old?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverMuch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:25 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

That's funny, Stark, because Dio celebrates his birthday on July *10th* every year. Always has. And every listing everywhere has his birthday as July 10th.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

Don't you love mystery? According to UBL: "Born Ronald James Padovana in Portsmouth, NH, on July 10, 1949". That makes him 53, but is [i]vox populi[/i] that he's >60, so...who cares? He sings like the best in the business, that's what it counts.
[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Stark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by OverMuch:
That's funny, Stark, because Dio celebrates his birthday on July *10th* every year. Always has. And every listing everywhere has his birthday as July 10th.

Yes, sorry, you're perfectly right, July 10, 1942 is his correct date of birth (mixed the date up with a friend of mine's).
As I said I've seen a copy of his passport, so 1942 is definitely the year in question!
British Steel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

I believe Dio is on or about 61 years old based
on my memory of his birthdate as listed by Hard Radio News.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

The man is God.

He's a bit more "stable" than Ozzy, dontcha think???????

Dio deserves a lot more credit than he's got. That why I'm going to see him and cheer like a nut here in NJ tonight!
MUTANT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

I heard that he made his first record in 1958.

Anyway, who cares how old the guy is. he still has one of the best voices in metal!
ZCP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

Dio probably has done what most "rockers" don't do-take care of themselves. I don't think anyone here really cares how old he is- but it is kind of weired (for a lack of a better word) that he rocks at the age of 60(ish) I hope I can rock like that when I'm near that age.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

Well,people are just interested that's all. I've been curious as to how old Dio is myself. People love a mystery.
ZCP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Is Dio really 60 years old? Reply with quote

He probably takes care of himself-unlike most "rockers". It's still pretty amazing he's that age and still sounds so good. Now Jon Lord's around that age but he looks that old! Not that that's a bad thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: