HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limb Music Inserts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

In every Rhapsody cd, I had a card with some bands from Limb Music on it. Has anyone bought or heared any of these bands, and if so, how are they?

Double Dealer
Wizard
Adagio
Concerto Moon
Gun Barrel
Kenziner
Ivory Towers
Oratory
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
Adagio
Kenziner
Ivory Towers
Oratory

I'm familiar with these.

Adagio features a young French guitar virtuoso along with David Readman who is the lead singer from Pink Cream 69. The style most say is like Symphony X, but I think they're more like Majestic, myself. The songs could be a little bit catchier, but not bad at all. I look for a breakout album on their second one.

Kenziner 'was' a very good progressive symphonic band led by another guitar 'hero' from Finland. The singer (from the US) is a little on the 'acquired taste' side. Basically this is neo-progressive symphonic metal that is very good in some parts. They have since broken up due to David Chastain screwing them over.

Ivory Tower is a very good German progressive metal band similar to Dream Theater in alot of aspects, except that I've liked their output on their two albums more than DT's recent ones. They write very good catchy songs with some nice musicianship.

Oratory is a progressive band from Portugal, I believe. They have male/female lead vocals and is very good in some parts, but not consistent enough. Kind of has a spacey feel which reminds me of Ayreon.
Stark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

Concerto Moon is a Japanese neo-classical Yngwie:ish band. They've made several albums, only released in Japan prior to the two Limb-releases. A good band if you're into that style.
FALCON

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

Out of those I have heard bits of most, owning the same ones Lionheart mentioned, I really am impressed with Adagio, the disc is fresh and creative with lots of classical influence, interesting changes and plenty of metal, good call that this next one could totally blow the doors open, the vocals are first rate...and chops and leads that are stellar, fine album.

Kenziner leaves me somewhat flat, nice songs just nothing that differentiates, neoclassical for sure, some great guitar playing... Double Dealer, ditto...Ivory Tower is very good some real creamy stuff there, finally Wizard really grew on me once I got past the vocal style, real deep accent in the Klaus Mine (sp) scorps like sound, the songs are kinda interesting and the style POWER, yet a bit mixed up keepin one guessin.
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

Gun Barrel is a German band. I've only heard one of their songs, but I imagine their other songs to be somewhat similar, meaning enjoyable metal with an obvious 80's feel.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Limb Music Inserts Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crusader:
Gun Barrel is a German band. I've only heard one of their songs, but I imagine their other songs to be somewhat similar, meaning enjoyable metal with an obvious 80's feel.

I have Gun Barrel's Power Dive which is a grimy and excellent Wolfsbane-style cd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: