HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you all think of abigail 2 ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syl

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

Hi.
Just wondering what people thinks of abigail2..
Don't think i've seen any reviews for it..
I think it's pretty weak..
I like his older stuff alot, but this one i just can't get to like..
metalblood

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I like it a lot, I think it's better than both House of God and Voodoo, but not as good as the older stuff. It also seems to have an older sound to it.
MUTANT

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I like it a lot, too. I am very sad to hear that Metal Blade is not letting the band tour. In my opinion King Diamond is one of the best bands on Metal Blade. Whether you like King's voice or not is up for debate, but, nobody in their right mind can deny that he has made an impact on the music business and that his albums are fairly consistant in their quality even though the members of his band change. He is probably one of the most important metal artists that has never been on a major label. I'd really like to see him get off the indy labels and get a decent record deal. It would be interesteing to see what would happen.
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I have it, I think it sucks.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I'm not crazy about the King's solo stuff. I prefer Mercyful Fate.
Ungodly

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:57 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I like it as well. I am also a King Diamond fan and I think his music is one of those either you like it or you don't. It's not music that grows on you like some others. Most people like it from the begining or hate it.

I also think that Mercyful Fate and King's solo stuff is pretty much the same music with very little seperating factors.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

Ungodly, I totally agree. After Mercyful Fate broke up the first time and King Diamond started his solo career, the sound of both bands were very familiar with each other.
AngelWitch73

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

I like it... I really have no complaints about any KING DIAMOND albums. My fave still is and probably always will be "Them" followed by "The Eye".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
metaldams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: What did you all think of abigail 2 ? Reply with quote

A good album, but not up to par with Abigail or House Of God, which I think is criminally underrated. Still enjoy it, though.

About King being on a major label, he was for two seconds in 1993. I have an early cassette copy of In The Shadows and at the time Metal Blade was merged with Warner Bros., because the WB label appears on my cassette copy. I don't think that lasted long, as subsequent printings are just Metal Blade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: