HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Abby . . . .
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 7:44 am    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

I'm intrigued about the band Sepultura - they have a cool name, but I've never heard any of their stuff.

Is it worth my dime to buy any of their CDs? And if so - which one should I buy first?

Signed - Curious in Nashvegas
Ganley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 4:29 pm    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

HeatherMetal-
Start with Chaos AD, then work your way backwards to Arise and Beneath the Remains. Roots is loved by some, hated my some. So I don't know what to tell you on that one. Against is witht the new singer, so it may be an aquired taste. Morbid Visions, Beastial Devestation, and Schizophrenia are all the old albums, mostly death metal. I like them but some can't stand them. You may also want to check out Blood Rooted, the b-side comp, chock full 'o rarities and live goodies! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Does that help?
Depp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 5:14 pm    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Chaos AD is in fact one of the best albums out there. But most of their other albums where a dissapointment. But Chaos AD is a must have!
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 6:56 pm    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Fatal is insane. Sepultura is one of the most important bands in late 80s/early 90s. From thrash beginnings, they bridged death metal and were really the pioneers of this whole groove-oriented metal. However, Sepultura's was much more technical than this Korn/Machine Head crap, with no hip-hop influence to be found. I recommend them highly and, as has previously been mentioned, Arise(1991) and Chaos A.D. are essential(1993).
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 7:51 pm    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Didnt really mean to slam them like that. I just don't care for them. I definetly would not buy a speed or death metal album without hearing the band first. Otherwords you end up with Cannibal Corpse
mixer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2000 9:47 pm    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Some death bands get a clue and blossom into greatness. Carcass and Entombed spring to mind. Check them out, too.
As for Sepultura, "Arise" is my favorite, followed by "Chaos A.D." and "Beneath The Remains"
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 12:48 am    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Dear Heathermetal,

I once felt the same way you did. Excluding our views on the proper ways to tease an ardvark. Once I ordered a copy of Type O Negatives, "Bloody Kisses", however I was sent a copy of Sepultura first album. It was by far the worst crap I have ever heard. I guess its death metal or speed metal or whatever. I would much rather listen to slayer backwards. The singer pretty much barks.

P.s.

get out annoying stains with lime juice.
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 10:14 am    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Same here, I think that Chaos AD and Arise are among the best of Sepultura, Chaos AD has a lot of great tempo changes and very clever druming. A must have.

I recommend Chaos Ad, Arise and then Beneath the Remains

[img]http://www.diveshack.com/images/ghosts/ghosts4/Mvlo7u78.gif[/img]
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2000 12:09 am    Post subject: Dear Abby . . . . Reply with quote

Thanks for the input all - I think I'll take a $11-15 risk on a Sepultura CD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: