HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The End Records mailorder...slipping...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 1:24 am    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

My first order from them took two weeks. The next, three. This one, three and two days (got Satyricon's _The Shadowthrone_ and Ulver's _Kveldsjanger_, which I could've bought in the store last year for over $50 if you can believe that, glad I waited).

How long until I get my copy of the new Borknagar? Argh!
Raider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 6:59 am    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

My last one took two weeks also. They claimed they shipped it well before it arrived. Considering their past performance and the time of year, I believe them. Remember, we are already in the Christmas season with lots more mail than usual being sent.

And they might be taking longer too. They're probably getting more orders this time of year. I've noticed that happen to other metal mail order places in the past. They just really aren't staffed enough for the holiday rush.

But overall they're still my absolute favorite mail order place. I've received items only two days after ordering before, and that was without paying for any special kind of shipping.
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:06 am    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

Agree, they are solid YET maybe a bit slower than usual. But, all types of shipping has a real lag time this time of year. I order weekly from theend, still tops on my list...
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

I just dug this topic up instead of starting a new one....

After reading how much many of you like [b]The End Records[/b] in other posts here, I decided I'd try them out myself.

So...

-I ordered Iced Earth's "Horror Show" for my drummer's B-day present.

-I ordered the cd Friday night around 10:00 pm central

-I live well over 2000 miles from California.

-There is no mail service on Sundays.

-I received it today, Monday, at 1:30 pm!

-$12.00 with free shipping (cdnow = $16.97 + $2.99 s/h).

-[b]Amazing![/b]

I just had to give them props. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!
woosta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

I think the owner drives around in a van with all the cds loaded in the back and when you order, a "bat signal" of sorts is sent into the sky to which he responds and begins the drive or flight to your mailbox. That's the only way I can fathom receiving stuff that quickly!

I love ordering from them because I can be impulsive and receive my stuff while my impulse is still going!
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

Everytime I win something on eBay, I usually get it within a couple of days. Nothing to complain about.
metalblood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

My favorite is cheap cd's, just ordered on Friday and received my discs today (Monday), no slow down here. The end is probably slowing down due to word of mouth and more people ordering from there instead of the usual ripoffs (CDNOW, Amazon).
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

I ordered the Iced Earth “Dark Genesis” box set from them late Wednesday night and got it on Saturday. $41 and free shipping, you can’t beat that price.
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: The End Records mailorder...slipping... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor X:
I ordered the Iced Earth “Dark Genesis” box set from them late Wednesday night and got it on Saturday. $41 and free shipping, you can’t beat that price.

Xcept when the Boxset first came out and theend had it at $30 to the door, that being January and with their rise in popularity not probably as likely to occur again, but I will continue based on past patronage, that is until the next best thing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: