HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone out there not like Maiden?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

I just want to do a survey really, and if anyone out there doesn't like Maiden at any point in their career please say "I do".

I'm just curious. I've seen people say they don't like Priest, they don't like Metallica, they don't like Sabbath, they don't like Helloween, they don't like Savatage, they don't like Manowar. But never Maiden. Wow.

I promise not to offend anyone's mother if he/she steps forward and says "I don't like any Maiden".
Icarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

Here's my take regarding [b]Judas Priest[/b] and [b]Iron Maiden[/b]:
I bet if you asked the question "Does any one not like [b]Priest[/b] prior to [i]Turbo[/i] in '86' I bet it would be hard to get a yes. I think there's a consensus among many that [b]Priest[/b] went soft with [i]Turbo[/i] and even [i]Ram It Down[/i] (personally I didn't mind the two), and then finally redeemed themselves with [i]Painkiller[/i]. By then it was to late as the "sell out" label was already given to them by some.

As far as [b]Maiden[/b] goes I don't think many people feel the same about them. Sure, [i]. . . Somewhere In Time[/i] had some radio friendly songs on it and [i]Can I Play With Madness[/i] couldn't be anymore radio friendly metal if you tried. Of course [i]No Prayer[/i] saw their biggest "hit" (at least in their homeland) with [i]Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter[/i], but the thing with [b]Maiden[/b] for the most part they never seemed to go the radio friendly path and have stuck to their guns throughout their career. [i]Turbo[/i] on the other hand if marketed properly could have been another [i]Hysteria[/i].

Of course as with anything there are probably some hangers on who tell their friends they like [b]Maiden[/b] but are lying through their skin. That's another story though.

To answer your original question, Do I not Like [b]Maiden[/b]? Sorry to dissapoint but I love [b]Maiden[/b]
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

I can't say even I qualify here - I'm a fan of Maiden's first seven albums. I slag them constantly because of everything they've done since.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

the point isn't whether someone doesn't like Maiden now or before, but whether there is someone out there that doesn't dig anything Maiden. Same thing with Priest, but I have heard some people say they never could get into Priest at all. I've never heard a metalhead(as opposed to the gangster hicks that go to my school) say that they couldn't get into at least one Maiden album.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

Maiden's my all-time favorite band. I haven't liked all of their material,but their best stuff rules my world more than anything else.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

I agree with iwarrior. I may not love every single maiden song but collectively they are my favorite band and always have been since 1986! As far as seeing them live, nobody else is even close as far as i'm concerned and i have seen many other metal bands. To me MAIDEN and GOD are one in the same!
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
I just want to do a survey really, and if anyone out there doesn't like Maiden at any point in their career please say "I do".

I'm just curious. I've seen people say they don't like Priest, they don't like Metallica, they don't like Sabbath, they don't like Helloween, they don't like Savatage, they don't like Manowar. But never Maiden. Wow.

I promise not to offend anyone's mother if he/she steps forward and says "I don't like any Maiden".

Let's get clear that this comprise, [b]anytime[/b] of their career. I don't like the Blaze era, I've got "Factor X" for a time, and finally get rid of it, when "Virtual XI" appeared, and it seemed that IM was the on the way of the dodo. "Brave New World", even if not a great album (and I don't support Janick Gers in the band), at least is for me the best possible follower to "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son", I do believe the [i]decline[/i] of the band took off in 1990's "No Prayer For The Dying". Again I'd like to see the next album to see what will be IM's future.

P.S And I know people who don't like Maiden [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

Maiden are the best. What other metal band has played a single show in front of 250000 in 2001? Somehow I don't Dummy Burger could do that with free tickets.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Does anyone out there not like Maiden? Reply with quote

I have every cd they have. Not including the ones with Blaze Bailey. Never really given those the chance I guess. I enjoy every other cd that I have with Dickinson singing though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: