HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

would you give up all metal for:
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pontiouspirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

1=a million dollars

2=to be with brittney spears (she has to stay with you at least 6 months)

3=eternal life

4=to read people's minds

5=to find out for sure if god does or doesn't exist

i would give up metal for eternal life; how about you would you trade are beloved sounds for any of the above, or is ther something else you can think of to stop headbanging.

i do have to admit metal is a huge part of my life, but for eternal life i guess i could go back to my first love in music (late beatles, stones, who, and kinks)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
woosta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

Not unless my wife got eternal life too! That would be the ultimate agony; to outlive all those that you love and never be able to be with them.

Britney, NO WAY. I could only use her for about six minutes, not 6 months.

Read people's minds? That would just confirm how idiotic most people are and I don't need it confirmed.

A million dollars? I wouldn't know what to do with it if metal wasn't a part of my spending of it!

God? I don't really care.
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

Eternal life does sound interesting...Does this process keep you at your present age permanantly or do you physically age for years until your a walking skeleton...lol
Then what happens when your bones turn to dust? Then all you are is Dust in the Wind... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, but I couldn't resist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

You mean, give it up PERMANENTLY? Well, let's go through the list.

1=a million dollars. No. All I'd want with a million dollars is to spend it on more metal.

2=to be with brittney spears (she has to stay with you at least 6 months). No. She doesn't seem that interesting.

3=eternal life. Oh man, would I have to make that decision NOW? I'm sure life - even eternal life - could be bearable without metal, but that's a long time to be missing metal.

4=to read people's minds. No, other people's minds would freak me out.

5=to find out for sure if god does or doesn't exist. Definitely no, but that's just because I don't find that question to be relevant, and even if I had an answer to it, a simple yes or no would shed no light on how, if at all, that would or should change anything.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

The price for eternal life would be a terrible one to pay IMO. Anyone you ever cared about would age and die before your eyes,and you'd most likely outlive the human race. Eventually,your only company would be giant,mutated cockroaches. What a lonely existence!

Britney is a plastic,empty,bimbo who just lucked out like Elvis did. I have no interest in her,and yes I am a heterosexual male. Besides she wouldn't really like you for you,she'd just be under a spell or something. She'd just be a puppet,and most likely a cold fish if ya catch my drift.

I could go for a cool million,but I'd only want it if I could also predict the stock market or the outcomes of sporting events.

Not that I'm religious or anything,but I believe in God and don't need it proven to me.

Being able to read folk's minds would be depressing since you'd probably hear lots of unpleasant things constantly. Also,I don't think I'd want to know what people really think of me.

Nah! I wouldn't give up metal for any of those things. What else would I listen to? Ultimately my life would suck more than it does now.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

There's a loophole here... So yeah I'd give up "metal" for all but the Britney thing she has the wrong equipment for me.

The way I see it, bands that I love that absolutely everyone including the music industy called metal back in the 80's are now called and accepted as hard rock. So I'd still get to listen to them. If I gave it up for eternal life
I have no doubt that in 30 years the bands now called metal will be considered something else. So I would basically get to hear them for the first time at some future date.

I can see having my cake and eating to. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Unless you become more specific. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by pontiouspirate:
1=a million dollars

2=to be with brittney spears (she has to stay with you at least 6 months)

3=eternal life

4=to read people's minds

5=to find out for sure if god does or doesn't exist

i would give up metal for eternal life; how about you would you trade are beloved sounds for any of the above, or is ther something else you can think of to stop headbanging.

i do have to admit metal is a huge part of my life, but for eternal life i guess i could go back to my first love in music (late beatles, stones, who, and kinks)

1) Nope, have to be much, much, much more money than that

2) For that stinkin ****in whore? I rather cut off my....

3) Tempting, but boring without metal

4) I do that already

5) Unimportant and irrelevant
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

No to all except the million dollar thing. And then only if I could still listen to Van Halen and other hard rock. There would have to be a governing body that determined what was and wasn't qualified as metal, and depening on what they decide I might take the million.
rockin500

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: would you give up all metal for: Reply with quote

It'd have to be 10 million and like mijarra it'd only be metal and not hard rock I couldnt listen to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: