HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicks at metal gigs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:03 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
How much of that lack of concern is attributable to my size and my study of martial arts

Hey GZ, what martial arts do you study? I've done some submission fighting/grappling (although you could never tell by looking at me) and I really enjoy it.

Raider-
That wasn't going to work because when I mentioned the show I also said that I saw Dream Theater the tour before and they were an excellent live band. Da#n am I stupid or what?
Ungodly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I also take my wife with me to every show possible as long as we can get a sitter for the youngins'. I don't think she has ever given a second thought to her saftey nor have I. But it might have something to with the fact that I am 6'3" and 280 and she is 5'11" if not 6' even and is about 175. (I love them big gals) But I'm also smart enough to know the situation and how to keep her safe. And to stroke my ego, I think that she feels safe being there with me as well. I have been around the metal scene quiet some time and I have noticed most people show respect and make way and we do the same for other couples as well. My wife has been in one pit and that was for Genitorturers other than that she kicks back and lets me do my thing. But I don't pit as much as I used to, only for bands that I'm really into. I always pit for Slayer.

I do agree with GZ that most of the bull$hit comes from the younger crowds that don't have much respect and think that a show is a chance to get rough for the wrong reasons. i.e. to beat up and hurt other people. But I've also seen the crowd get rough with the punks and they usually get what they've dished out before the show is over.

Overall I think there is nothing wrong with women going to shows but if they get in the pit on thier own they shouldn't get pissed for what happens to them. I don't think it's right at all for guys to cop a feel but it's going to happen and that is a chance a woman takes by putting themselves in that situation.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I only ever had a problem with a guy at the Summer Sanatarium tour. He coped a feel and found my elbow firmly planted in his throat! On the up side kudos to the metal guys that night. I have found most to be utter gentlemen even when I don't think I need the help. I also was down front that night and got seriously bruised up. So I agree, if your a chic and you find yourself in the mosh pit don't bitch, if your old enough to buy a ticket you'e old enough to know what you can take. I like to think of them as war wounds. LOL Not that I go down fron regularly, but the intensity was worth it that night. No regrets.

And just for the record, I don't drink at arena shows. I don't think it is smart or safe for women to be inebreated (sp?) at shows.

So over all, if your a metal chic you should already know how to handle yourself at shows and what to expect. If you don't get nosebleed seats go with a big guy and no matter what don't go bitching through the show or the next morning because it's not what you thought it would be. Live with the choice you make with a smile on your face. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by deamon:
I always wondered why there were not more chicks at metal gigs.

But, I am starting to understand why they don't want to come.

Here is a question. Do you bring your girlfriend to metal shows? DO they even belong there?

I don't have a girlfriend, but if I do, she would be with me at the concert. Today I saw a lot of couples in the Dio/Scorpions/Deep Purple concert, no problem whatsoever. I have seen girls in Death metal concerts, Goth, Black, remember the glam time (mid-80's) girls died to go to see Poison, Motley Crue, Stryper, and so.

Do girls will feel confortable at some type of gigs, at the pit, in the mosh? I dunno I'm a male, ask a girl [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Do they belong there? Why not?, is a free equal society, everybody is entitled to do as wanted (providing you don't break the law, more or less). Do I as a male, believe that girls belong to metal concerts?
YES OF COURSE I DO! Or you prefer to have two ugly moustached guys by your side, when you get really happy on a song and want to hug someone? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Desslar:
Sure chicks belong at metal concerts, but they're not there! Where are all those hot chicks from the David Lee Roth, Motley Crue, etc. videos?

I think they were paid to be there.
woosta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

My wife is my metal partner. She's not a die-hard yet, but she is VERY enthusiastic about seeing anyone. She hates, HATES King Diamond but when I wanted to go, she said she'd be glad to go because if it sucked she could watch the people and he may win her over (he didn't).

See, this all comes after dating a girl back in '88 who refused to see King Diamond's "Them" tour. I spent about 3 years with this girl at the time but she couldn't do this one thing for me. That was essentially the end of our relationship and I vowed to never date a girl who couldn't get into metal. seriously, I searched for that. When I met my (one day) wife, my first question was what kind of music do you like to which she said "anything". I said "Any metal?" and she said she had Dio "Lock up the Wolves", Europe, and Dokken. Close enough for me, baby.

My wife belongs at metal shows. We got up front for Overkill once and some redneck started trying to push her just because she was a girl and no other reason. She took it for about 1 minute and the next thing I know, she spins around and grabs this guy by the throat (literally) and pushed him away from her back into the crowd. Last problem that night. I love her for so many reasons and that kind of thing is just one of the reasons.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I know I'v mentioned this before but I will again. On our first year anniversary my wife and I went to see [b]Kiss[/b] (the second leg of the [b]Kiss[/b] and make-up reunion tour. Yeah I know, the date is pretty bad but I couldn't do anything about the timing of that one. Besides she promised me months before that when they came she'd go and the first night (the night prior to our anniversary sold out). Anyway, she enjoyed it but there's a point where you can see that the enthusiasm level just isn't nor will ever be the same as mine. I mean, I'm sitting there mesmerized to see the stage show with all the flames and the usual [b]Kiss[/b] fan fare and she's just not really that into it.

As far as chicks going to any metal gigs, I wouldn't take one unless they were really into goin g for the music and not just to make me happy.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I've gone to a few gigs with a female friend, and though she's not into metal, she enjoyed herself both times.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
Well it depends on if the girl is really into it or not.

For example, I was dating a girl who listened to primarily dance music. Well last Feburary (I think it was then) Dream Theater was playing in Milwaukee (I live in Madison, she was in Milwaukee). Well I made the mistake of saying that I got free tickets and was going to see if she wanted to go. Well of course she's all up for it, etc.

Well, the night comes and I drive all the way to Milwaukeee. I get there and all of a sudden she doesn't want to go. As you would expect, she says, "well it's no big deal because they are free tickets so you aren't out anything, let's just watch a movie." And I being the moron I am decide to listen to her. Then she dumped me two months later, ******* ***** (you figure it out).

Dude, that really sucks. That almost happened to me back in college. I got free Yngwie tickets in '92' or '93' from my college radio stagion and this girls was supposed to go with me. That afternoon instead of telling me she didn't really want to go she tried to convince me that some off campus party would be better. Knowing that every off campus party is the same and that I really wanted to see Yngiwie again I got another friend to go to the show with me and had a great time.

Apparantly the cops came and broke the party up before 10:00pm
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: