HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicks at metal gigs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I've never taken a girlfriend/friend to see a show, but some of the heavier ones, I've see chicks take a serious beating up front! You have to hand it to them on that! Having the stamina to put up with all that bulls**t.
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I go to shows all the time, I have gotten caught up in the mosh pits I don't know how many times, and well...I just kick a little ass! Whatever is needed to defend myself hehe. I mean the groping and crap I don't really care about, if it happens then it happens and it usually isn't something that goes on for hours, plus I don't drink so if something I don't like happens to me I am fully aware of the situation. And you know, when you are up in the front and all that there are so many things that aren't even intended to be groping...or are they! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I actually believe that metal crowds are the best behaved crowds of all. Sure, there is the odd fight, usually beer related, but 99.9% are just there to enjoy the music and have a good time. When I used to go to shows in England, especially in the early 90s, there used to be tons of women there, especially in the front rows!!! I don't see quite so many mowadays, but they are certainly still very evident. My wife has always been into metal/rock, before I met her she'd been to many a Judas Priest show, and she loves Rush, and now after meeting me she loves to go to Yngwie Malmsteen and Dream Theater shows too. There is most definitely a place for women at metal shows, and I'm very happy to see them there enjoying themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Desslar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

Sure chicks belong at metal concerts, but they're not there! Where are all those hot chicks from the David Lee Roth, Motley Crue, etc. videos? They must not go to the same concerts as me. Recently most of the female crowd seems to be the trailer park type, goth type, or 35+ housewives. Ugh.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
Hey GZ, what martial arts do you study? I've done some submission fighting/grappling (although you could never tell by looking at me) and I really enjoy it.

I actually plan on study grappling this winter/spring.

Currently, I study Jeet Kune Do two days a week and Muay Thai two days a week. I love both equally. Although Jeet Kune Do, comparatively speaking, is more finesse than Muay Thai, which is just ridiculously brutal, it's a great street fighting style. Which isn't to say I get into many fights (I don't), I just prefer an art that is practical, unlike Karate or Akido.

You said something I thought was interesting when you said, "you could never tell by looking at me". That's one of the first lessons you learn when you begin studying martial arts; you can't tell by looking at someone how you'd fare against them. There are guys twice my size who I would have no problem with, and guys half my size that would hand me my head.

GZ
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:

I actually plan on study grappling this winter/spring.

Currently, I study Jeet Kune Do two days a week and Muay Thai two days a week. I love both equally. Although Jeet Kune Do, comparatively speaking, is more finesse than Muay Thai, which is just ridiculously brutal, it's a great street fighting style. Which isn't to say I get into many fights (I don't), I just prefer an art that is practical, unlike Karate or Akido.

You said something I thought was interesting when you said, "you could never tell by looking at me". That's one of the first lessons you learn when you begin studying martial arts; you can't tell by looking at someone how you'd fare against them. There are guys twice my size who I would have no problem with, and guys half my size that would hand me my head.

GZ

Very cool. I have never done much striking for various reasons, but I love the tactical aspects of martial arts. As you pointed out with size, it is indeed irrelevant because 90% of the things that happen occur because of something mental instead of physical. I wish you well in your endeavors with grappling.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:17 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

Call me whatever you want (like if I care). But I never went into a mosh pit (but I was in a couple of weird slam/mosh years ago in some death gigs). Maybe I'm too old, but I believe, is ok to jump, scream, headbang, dance, but there's no reason for kicking, beating, biting, stabbing, shooting, farting [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ).

Yesterday in the concert I was, all people were jumping, fisting, screaming, dancing, but it was all about fun (sure I saw a couple of fights, that the police cut really good) and one person being carried away in a stretcher (looks like an accident, maybe a bad dive). But otherwise, no mosh was necessary to have a good time.

Opinions please.
[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean I don't really like the mosh pits, and I really don't see why everyone has to squeeze so tightly togethor. I went to see Jethro Tull and it was just the total opposite of what I am used to but I still had a really, really great time. I don't need to sweat up a storm, get my chest grabbed, and run out of breath to have a good time, well at a concert anyways! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Chicks at metal gigs Reply with quote

I avoid the pits like the plague.

As far as getting harassed at shows, the heavier the music, the cooler the crowd. When I was at Slayer, my friends couldn't hang in the crowd, so they went and stood at the bar, leaving me by myself. This group of guys standing around me, kept everyone away from me. Very cool. Same thing happened at In Flames.

My husband can tolerate some of my music. He can go to shows with me if he'll have fun. If he's going to make fun of the show, his happy ass can stay away.

The best thing about being a chick at a metal show - the line to the bathroom is really short!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: