HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

When you where at the music store and weren't sure what to buy and you came across an album cover of a band that you never heard of and you bought it.

I was doing just that when I came across Arise by Sepultura, I seen it and I had to have it. Buy surprise it was one of the best speed metal albums I had come across. Since then I have bought Beneath The Remains and Chaos AD and Sepultura has became one of my all time best speed metal bands.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

I bought Auberon's _The Tale Of Black_ based entirely on the cover...great purchase. Elysium's _Dreamlands_ too, though I had a listen for a couple of minutes at the counter.

Lots of them in used CD stores too.
AngelWitch73

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

I used to do that all the time in the late eighties / early nineties. That is how I discovered a lot of bands I enjoy today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
woosta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:55 am    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

Yep, that was my primary way of buying back in the 80s. I got stuff like Cinderella "Night Songs" (well before it hit big), Teeze s/t, Icon s/t, Slayer "Hell Awaits", Grave Digger and tons more.
SGR_32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

Yep, tons of times especially in the 80's
thats how i discovered many of the bands i love as well. My most memorable was the time i came across a album cover showing a naked woman being burned at the stake by skeletons in hoods.
I bought the 4 song ep for $12 bucks which at the time was way overpriced for a ep. (this was early 1983) And hence started my almost 20 years as a Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond nut.
and yes i still have the album, and still have the zerox'd lyrics that were included inside, which i eventually have had signed by Hank Shermann.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

I can only remember doing that once. It was for Sugar Ray's Lemonade And Brownies(hey it was a free selection from Columbia House). Shame on me.The guys will understand if they see it.

[url=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002J49.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]http ://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002J49.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/url]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

I'm really tying hard to remember, but no, never for the cover. I have bought CD's on blind faith in an artist I do know, but I believe I'll never have bought a CD totally clueless about it (especially from a unknown artist).
metalblood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by SGR_32:
Yep, tons of times especially in the 80's
thats how i discovered many of the bands i love as well. My most memorable was the time i came across a album cover showing a naked woman being burned at the stake by skeletons in hoods.
I bought the 4 song ep for $12 bucks which at the time was way overpriced for a ep. (this was early 1983) And hence started my almost 20 years as a Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond nut.
and yes i still have the album, and still have the zerox'd lyrics that were included inside, which i eventually have had signed by Hank Shermann.

Man that's awesome!!! I think you should sell it to me for $15, a $3 dollar profit for you, can't beat that. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
SGR_32

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Have You Ever Bought A CD Just For The Cover? Reply with quote

lol

sure dude. Its yours [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

when i was channel operator for the #kingdiamond
channel on mirc undernet, i had a guy offer me $200 for it. seriously
But i just couldnt part with it. Ive thought about putting it up on ebay and seeing what sorta offers i get. but never done it. Since in 1986 i got the majority of my record and tape collection stolen, i lost most the stuff i had from that period. (Including a original Judas Priest
sad wings of destiny album)The Nuns have no fun ep has become my most valued and rare album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: