HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mordax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

This is coming up as a September 10th release date. Does anyone know what this has on it?

Funny that the title is that of the song Mustaine wants played at his funeral (Johnny Winter song). Is this the equivalent of Zep's "Coda" ???

Any info appreciated.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

Where do you get this info? So far I don't know anything about Megadeth except, they're extinct.
Nivek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. .

Last edited by Nivek on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Mordax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

I know the band is disbanded... Ever think that it could be an archived live show? Rarities? Etc? Mustaine did have some stuff recorded before he called it quits too.

The info is readily available on numerous web sites. Take a look at any of the major online cd resellers and search on Megadeth... dont rely on the 'deth web site for info.. that hasnt been updated since Rude Awakening was released.

Cdnow
cduniverse
cheap-cds.com
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mordax:
I know the band is disbanded... Ever think that it could be an archived live show? Rarities? Etc? Mustaine did have some stuff recorded before he called it quits too.

The info is readily available on numerous web sites. Take a look at any of the major online cd resellers and search on Megadeth... dont rely on the 'deth web site for info.. that hasnt been updated since Rude Awakening was released.

Cdnow
cduniverse
cheap-cds.com

I agree that the official website is also outdated (like most official websites these days [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] ), but at the same time the fact that is on a major reseller, and the price is low, smells like a compilation, a rarities CD, or even a recorded interview. The recording companies, oftenly capitalize on the sucess or demise of a very well known band to "create" albums out of the nothing.

Let's wait and see [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
Mordax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

Well, looks like there is a mix of about half live stuff and half studio stuff done with Sanctuary. Somewhat disappointing unless these live tracks are from particularly interesting shows.

This is the track listing I found:
1. Use The Man - (previously unreleased, live)
2. Crush 'Em - (previously unreleased, live)
3. In My Darkest Hour - (live)
4. Sweating Bullets - (live)
5. Symphony Of Destruction - (live)
6. Holy Wars - (live)
7. Moto Psycho
8. Dread And The Fugitive Mind
9. Promises
10. World Needs A Hero, The
11. Burning Bridges
12. Return To Hangar
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: NEW ALBUM? Megadeth - Still Alive... And Well? Reply with quote

How can they call it "Still Alive and Well" when they are no longer around? And that title also reminds me of Quiet Riot's reunion cd. Maybe they should have called it something else. I wish Megadeth could release another package of rarities instead. Like Hidden Treasures. No live recordings of stuff on albums or remixes. I want an album with stuff like Crown of Thorns and covers of the Beatles, cause I've heard that stuff on the internet and some is good and some isn't but it's all unreleased on a studio recording, so I think they should release for real now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: