HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGR_32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do? Reply with quote

Your a moderalty known metal star. You have just been offered a contract buy one of the metal labels to start your own side project. But you gotta put together a "known" band
First off,your givin $50,00 to recruit your band, how much do you offer each person to join you? And keep for youself?
Secondly, What do you play? are you the singer?
Drummer? Bass or Guitar or something else?

Who do you ask to join your band? List me your top 2 at each spot and how much cash you offer them, (4,5 or 6 man band) because you might not always get your #1 choice.

Whats your bands name? Name of your first album
and what city do you start your tour in? With what bands opening up for you?

Hey this is just for fun, answer what questions you want.

have fun !
SGR_32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do? Reply with quote

Ill start it off

My band would be a sorta Death metal/black metal kinda In Flames/Soilwork/Dark Tranquility type
cause i actually think i could do a decent job with the vocals for such a band.
So im singing. This is my dream come true kinda thing, so money's not a issue for me, i keep $5,000 for myself

Drums:
#1 i try and get Nick Barker, Nick would be expensive however id offer him $15,000
#2 Brent Smedley X-Iced Earth I always thought he was awsome, and i dont know what he's doing anymore, so i figure he could be gotten cheap
id offer him $5,000

Bass:
#1 Sharlee D`angelo Sharlee seems to play for everyone so i dont know if he would have time, but he's a hell of a nice guy and very talented
id offer him $10,000
#2 Markus Grosskopf Always been one of my favorate bass players, but im afraid he would be expensive, probably couldnt get him for less then $15,000

Rythem Guitar:
#1 Marcus Siepen I love what he does for Blind Guardian, But he seems to have a good thing going there and might be tough to get even for a side project, so id offer him $10,000
#2 Mark Briody For those who dont know him, he is one of Jag Panzer's guitarists, as well as playing a great lead and rythem, he writes alot of there stuff so he would be a valuable memember, id also offer him $10,000

Lead Guitar:
#1 Jesper Stromblad
A extremly Talented person, how many people remember he was Hammerfall's original Drummer??
and now In Flames is one of the biggest metal bands around today, largly because of him and Bjorn,(in my opinion) and his side projects like Dimension zero are intriging as well. Id have to offer Jesper $20,000
and an equal share of all profits along with myself (me being the amazing talent that i would be) [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
#2 Jeff Loomis damn this guy is good, he would be a $20,000 man as well.

Keyboards.
#1. Kimberly Goss i really would want her background vocals, the fact that she is a talented keyboardest and writer are bonus's
but she would be pricy probably atleast $15,000
#2. Tobias Sammet Again sorta cheating here, the fact that he can play keys is bonus, his voice is why id want him. again pricy, atleast $15,000

ok, so if i got lucky and limiting myself to $45,000 (kept 5 for myself remember)

Drums
Brent Smedley $5,000
Bass
Sharlee D`angelo $10,000
R. Guitar
Mark Briody $10,000
L. Guitar
Jesper Stromblad $20,000

well thats $45,000 right there so no keyboard player, darn the luck

Name of the band
Within the Darkness
Name of first cd
S/T
City first tour starts in
Right here in Seattle baby!!
Opening bands:
Dream Evil,Sinergy, children of Bodom

now thats a nice tour [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do? Reply with quote

Why would a label ever do such a thing? A label either takes a band as it is on agreeable terms or forget it. The label NEEDS to understand the band's musical expression, appreciate it, then promote it. The label should not be in the business of altering the band's perceived artistic presence, if they truly believe the band are good. The artist is the art. What is the artist only the artist knows. A band will not get far on 50k. I myself spent considerably more than than that on my recording alone.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by SGR_34:
Your a moderalty known metal star. You have just been offered a contract buy one of the metal labels to start your own side project. But you gotta put together a "known" band
First off,your givin $50,00 to recruit your band, how much do you offer each person to join you? And keep for youself?
Secondly, What do you play? are you the singer?
Drummer? Bass or Guitar or something else?

Who do you ask to join your band? List me your top 2 at each spot and how much cash you offer them, (4,5 or 6 man band) because you might not always get your #1 choice.

Whats your bands name? Name of your first album
and what city do you start your tour in? With what bands opening up for you?

Hey this is just for fun, answer what questions you want.

have fun !

What the hell, I'll play! I have a great name for a band and title for an album, but I don't have anything copyrighted and don't want someone taking my name and album title so for fun I'll call the project "The Jesse Ruth Band". The album will be "Accident Waiting to Happen" (I don't care y'all can have that title!) I would probably go for a Savatage-like sound, though there will definitely be some Molly Hatchet-ish guitar jams going on! Lots of Guitar/keyboard interplay, cuz I love that! Heavy riffs, forboding keyboards, most likely 7 solid head bangers, one 7 or 8 minute epic, one emotional ballad, one 7 or 8 minute guitar war!
As for who I'm looking for, I wouldn't be going for necessarily the best musicians, but the ones that would work best in this style, money would be divided evenly, if they don't like it, **** 'em, I'll get someone else! Here's who I'm looking for:
Vocals-1) Joe Lynn Turner 2) Micheal Kiske I'd love to have a female singer, but I can't think of any with the voice that I'm looking for. Maybe Celine Dion (seriously! That girl can SING!), but I doubt she would want to sing Metal!
Guitars-I want at least two guitarists so....
For the Melodic leads-1) Mathias Deith (UDO)-He'd be perfect, cuz he's a shredder so he'd be great on the guitar jammin' songs, but he can be very melodic too! 2)Wolf Hoffmann (Accept)- not nearly the shredder of Deith, but I like his melodic stuff alot more.
For jammin'-1)Rik Blanz (Molly Hatchet)- Rik never recorded anything during his time with MH, but I have a video of the band with him playing and he's AWESOME! I'd love to give him an opportunity to show the world what he can do! 2)Gary Richrath (REO Speedwagon) Laugh all you want, REO's early stuff is packed full of guitar jams and since REO doesn't want him...

Bass-1)Riff West (Molly Hatchet) 2)Peter Baltes (Accept) yeah, there's beter bassists out there, but I'm not looking for anything fancy, just someone lay down a groove and these two are great at just that!

Keyboards-1) John Galvin (Molly Hatchet) Possibly the best keyboardist I've ever heard! 2) Gregg Giuffria-Glavin is more of a pianist than a keyboardist, but Giuffria is probably the better fit for my band, cuz he's very much a synth-keyboardist and he always seems to know exactly where and when to do something cool on keyboards...and also when to back off and let the guitarist do his job. Maybe I should switch these 2.
Drums-I guess I'd settle for anybody that could work with me! I'm not worried about the Vocals, Guitars, Bass or Keys cuz I can do all that myself if necessary, but I can't play drums so I'll take WHOMEVER! Though, I think Gil Moore (Triumph) might be a good fit.
Assuming I get the players I want, I would be the utility guy in the band, I would play third guitar on some songs, 2nd keyboards on others, maybe sing one or 2 songs.
I'd start the tour in Philadelphia, cuz I live close to it and want to make sure I play there before the band breaks up!
Opening for me? Preferably nobody! I want to play as long as possible on stage every night and leave as few people pissed off cuz I didn't play "their" song as possible. So I would prefer "An Evening with..." as opposed to "....with special guest..." so I can play for 2 1/2 or 3 hours or more every night! Hell, if we ain't got enough originals we'll start doing covers! But the people who paid to see me WILL get their money's worth!

Dream On!
Jesse
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: A Record contract awaits you, what you gonna do? Reply with quote

For lousy $50000? Forget it, I rather took the money and flee off the country [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Now for $5000000, I like to have:

Rick Wakeman on keyboards
Mike Portnoy on drums
Lemmy Kilminster on bass
Roland Grapow on guitar
James Murphy on guitar
I'll be the vocalist
That's $980000 to each of them, a hundred grand for me, so when they kick me from the band for being a lousy singer, I can flee home with the dough [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Ah, by the way we play power/doom [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: