HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nirvana
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

Yet another disgruntled musician star who must have had a rough hair day at the end. Even so, the angst quality of this band deserves them more recognition from the metal scene I think. Here is a dude who wore a dress on the cover of Spin I think, naturally after the label signing. Like Rush says, it is all about tricking the labels into signing the bands, then they go nuts after. Cobain requested all homophobes to please not attend the shows. Of course, those are the ones that sell the best. I am not a huge grunge fan. I thought Alice in Chains was one of the better ones (apparently another unfortunate end there). I can deal with Pearl Jam and their anti corporate angst. I can also deal with Soundgarden, though not as well. I think grunge is far better than nu metal. Your thoughts?
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:36 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
Yet another disgruntled musician star who must have had a rough hair day at the end. Even so, the angst quality of this band deserves them more recognition from the metal scene I think. Here is a dud who wore a dress on the cover of Spin I think, naturally after the label signing. Like Rush says, it is all about tricking the labels into signing the bands, then they go nuts after. Of course, those are the ones that sell the best. I am not a huge grunge fan. I thought Alice in Chains was one of the better ones (apparently another unfortunate end there). I can deal with Pearl Jam and their anti corporate angst. I can also deal with Soundgarden, though not as well. I think grunge is far better than nu metal. Your thoughts?

But The Red Hot Chili Peppers posed naked on Rolling Stone. I think grunge should burn in hell. After Nirvana the record companies decided that the American public should listen to grunge.

DEATH TO NIRVANA. Were almost there.

But the Foo Fighters are a good band.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Badboy:
quote:
Yet another disgruntled musician star who must have had a rough hair day at the end. Even so, the angst quality of this band deserves them more recognition from the metal scene I think. Here is a dud who wore a dress on the cover of Spin I think, naturally after the label signing. Like Rush says, it is all about tricking the labels into signing the bands, then they go nuts after. Of course, those are the ones that sell the best. I am not a huge grunge fan. I thought Alice in Chains was one of the better ones (apparently another unfortunate end there). I can deal with Pearl Jam and their anti corporate angst. I can also deal with Soundgarden, though not as well. I think grunge is far better than nu metal. Your thoughts?

But The Red Hot Chili Peppers posed naked on Rolling Stone. I think grunge should burn in hell. After Nirvana the record companies decided that the American public should listen to grunge.

No, they wore socks. Besides, Chili Peppers are just sort of sorry sounding. I think the singer has a nice soft voice, albeit a good bit depressing. I can do without them. Foo Fighters are better than most bands of their sort, though isn't that a whole different terrain? I heard them on some station with Linkin Park. I don't know what kind of music is all that.
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, they wore socks. Besides, Chili Peppers are just sort of sorry sounding. I think the singer has a nice soft voice, albeit a good bit depressing. I can do without them. Foo Fighters are better than most bands of their sort, though isn't that a whole different terrain? I heard them on some station with Linkin Park. I don't know what kind of music is all that.
Socks smocks it's close e-nuff.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
Socks smocks it's close e-nuff.[/QB]

I would not want to be "close enough" but that's fine. Their music is also close enough. Same goes for zz top.
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
quote:

I would not want to be "close enough" but that's fine. Their music is also close enough. Same goes for zz top.[/QB]
Come on now!! ZZ Top is a great band admit it.

Bralalala are you as drunk as I am?
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I would not want to be "close enough" but that's fine. Their music is also close enough. Same goes for zz top.

Bralalala are you as drunk as I am?[/QB]

zz top?!!!
they are OK. i would rather hear chili peppers if in a room being tortured
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

zz top?!!!
they are OK. i would rather hear chili peppers if in a room being tortured[/QB]

Ahhhhhhhh come on now. What are you listening to right now?
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Nirvana Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

zz top?!!!
they are OK. i would rather hear chili peppers if in a room being tortured

Ahhhhhhhh come on now. What are you listening to right now?[/QB]
you, me, a desk, a table, some lights, a large patio........nothing at the moment, when not revelling in my own great musical ideas this past week, i have put on some ministry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: