HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Record Label Ever For Metal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Which label do you guys think is the best ever for metal? I'd say Century Media.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Hmm nice one, maybe that depends on the time frame. Megaforce was one (Island/Atlantic I belive) some 20 years ago, Metal Blade use to have a lot of bands, Earrache gave the world incredible bands, CMC had a some good bands a few years ago, today probably are Century Media, Nuclear Blast, SPV in the big leagues.
woosta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Nuclear Blast is like money in the bank for me.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Any more opinions?
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:26 am    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Don't Nuclear Blast and Century Media act as distributors for a lot of bands, but then there are like record labels that they distribute for. Maybe there are some even cooler labels inside Century Media and Sanctuary. Maybe Drakkar- which had Nightwish and Running Wild for a few releases.

And then theres Sanctuary which has a lot of old acts now. Or is Sanctuary a management company solely?

I guess it's hard for me to tell where one record company ends and a distributor begins. They are so interwoven around the different parts of the globe that I can't tell exactly whos doing the best signings and who isn't.

Noise used to have a lot of killer bands(Helloween and Running Wild), though I heard they blew as far as how they treated them.
Badboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Metal Blade.
holydiver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

I'd vote for Metal Blade and New Renaissance both.

Spitfire is also good. But they haven't developed unknown acts in thre same way.
holydiver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Best Record Label Ever For Metal? Reply with quote

Also Combat and Roadrunner used to do a good job.

I am very "ify" on Century Media. I have not found one band I relly like on that label. Most are OK---but not great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: